DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ducati 750F1 Sport
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:36 am 

Hi to all on the forum.

I am currently in the market for a 750 Sport. I am off to see one this Sunday but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone could share some wisdom.

Thus far all I know of the bike I am viewing is that it was registered in 1990 and was one of the last sports to leave the factory. It has a Tricolore colourway and its running mikuni carbs ( webbers there with it too). She has been stored for about 6 years so will need some tlc etc etc... I will know more come sunday.

Are these bikes becoming more rarer/sought after as I don't see many about - which I like. I like to be different.
Also this will be my first restoration project - are these bikes easy to work on and are they reliable - I hear they are?!

Anyway here is some pics. I will post better ones on sunday.

Thanks in advance

Cris

Attachments:
5a1b_1.JPG
5a1b_1.JPG [ 28.72 KiB | Viewed 4942 times ]
4a00_1.jpg
4a00_1.jpg [ 47.41 KiB | Viewed 4942 times ]

Post subject: Re: Ducati 750F1 Sport
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:13 am 

That paint job is good for lots of double takes. Ian Falloon's "Ducati Belt-Drive Two-Valve Twins" has a chapter about the 1988-1990 Sports and Supersports. Maybe the only reference about them?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:06 am 

Hi,
I like that bike and would love to own it.

My .02 cents, from US perspective (which probably wont help you any), they dont seem to be very desirable as far as a collector and the value on them isnt anything like an F1. In the US I guess I would say that its treated somewhat similar/worth about the same as a nice Paso. I know if I ran across a nice one at a reasonable price.....I would buy it (but as a rider, not necessarily as a great collectable)

Clay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:03 am 

That actually looks really good in tricolore colours. I always find the tank to be a bit bulbous on this model, the lines tend to take that away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:31 pm 

i would say that as a regular rider it will be one of the least desirable of any of the belt drive bikes. that and the paso really. they're kind of crap in pretty much every way, and have a bit of unique stuff on them that may make going forward an issue. a later 750ss is a hugely better bike, but even then it's not like people are knocking down the door to get hold of them. you can modify it a lot pretty easily, and that will make it better. depends how you like to go about it.

but if you like it, it has value to you. as the weirder stuff gets older it tends to end up in the hands of those who appreciate the weird. they're fairly rare now because when they were new lots of people recognised that they were overpriced crap and didn't buy them. none of that matters now in terms of desirability, how it works as a bike is irrelevant as such if you really want one.

rather oddly, i have two here now - both red and blues. one is visually a lot better than the other, but it had some sitting issues as well.

i've always found them rather cute.