DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: TT2 600cc Build
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 pm 

Thanks for the comments and compliments. Yes, Graeme, it is kinda like building a house.

Now for my friend Carlo. Carlo, because it is MY MOTORCYCLE, and I can put things where I want to --- as long as they work. So there. And, sometimes space and fate is what determines where these parts go. Every part, and every bike, is different, because they do not come from one place, and do not come in convenient "kits" with a set of instructions; some of my layman friends have asked me where I get kits for these Ducatis.

I cannot tell how long I worked with that one oil line; it was like wrestling a giant python. Finally, it fit where you see it, and it was happy, so there I will leave it, both of us happy. Besides, the lines on an F1 are outside the forks, and that is where they are on my TT900 too.

No, nothing gets hung up when the forks are turned. And that is always a challenge. I really think that building an engine is much easier than just putting all these necessary things on. I have put those switches there before, and it works for me. Besides, they are small and can always be changed.

Finally, CARLO, did you see your rear caliper, caliper holder, and trailing rod? Hmmm?

MikeV

Attachment:
IMG_1984.JPG
IMG_1984.JPG [ 3.94 MiB | Viewed 131401 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1985.JPG
IMG_1985.JPG [ 3.74 MiB | Viewed 131401 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:17 pm 

Or to put it another way. You got'a do what you got'a do to make it work. Like the time I had to hook up my clutch cable to the rear brake lever on my 900SS bevel.
Flattop.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:54 am 

Well Mike I agree. One of the hardest things is routing things properly. It's actually one of the things I always gave the original builders credit for. I re-routed the lines on my TT1 many times till they were just right. Took forever. I think they are good now...I hope. Great build Mike, she's looking terrific, you're an inspiration when I'm being lazy. Okay Flattop, foot operated clutch and a thumb operated rear brake? Now that's routing! You have reinvented riding! Lol. Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:36 am 

618F1 wrote:
Thanks for the comments and compliments. Yes, Graeme, it is kinda like building a house.

Now for my friend Carlo. Carlo, because it is MY MOTORCYCLE, and I can put things where I want to --- as long as they work. So there. And, sometimes space and fate is what determines where these parts go. Every part, and every bike, is different, because they do not come from one place, and do not come in convenient "kits" with a set of instructions; some of my layman friends have asked me where I get kits for these Ducatis.

I cannot tell how long I worked with that one oil line; it was like wrestling a giant python. Finally, it fit where you see it, and it was happy, so there I will leave it, both of us happy. Besides, the lines on an F1 are outside the forks, and that is where they are on my TT900 too.

No, nothing gets hung up when the forks are turned. And that is always a challenge. I really think that building an engine is much easier than just putting all these necessary things on. I have put those switches there before, and it works for me. Besides, they are small and can always be changed.

Finally, CARLO, did you see your rear caliper, caliper holder, and trailing rod? Hmmm?

MikeV

Attachment:
IMG_1984.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1985.JPG

what a bad character !!!! HAHAHA !!! I managed to make you nervous, I saw the collet rod, I see everything !!! I am connected telepathically with you !!!

There is only one wish that I would have ..... be there with you, and get my hands dirty with grease.

Hello, my friend.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:42 am 

PS. however when you have to maneuver with the motorcycle, you will have to go to the parking lot of the supermarket

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:43 am 

today I am very joker ..... sorry ....

i love you. ;)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:28 pm 

Check this out Carlo. Got the wheel with rotor and cush drive/sprocket aligned. Used the official alignment rod and attachment. Had to flip the front sprocket over to gain about 6mm extra offset, and had to grind some relief to the engine side of the splines to make it slip in; works fine. Also had to remove some width from the aluminum hub to move the rear sprocket in. Note that if you ever buy a Campy for a Bimota that the sprocket hub is very different than for anything else (Bimota likes to do that), so do not buy a wheel without this part --- you may be looking a long time for one. Also note Carlo's very shiny axle slider blocks. MikeV

Attachment:
IMG_1995.JPG
IMG_1995.JPG [ 3.96 MiB | Viewed 131346 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1996.JPG
IMG_1996.JPG [ 3.81 MiB | Viewed 131346 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1998.JPG
IMG_1998.JPG [ 4.01 MiB | Viewed 131346 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1999.JPG
IMG_1999.JPG [ 3.58 MiB | Viewed 131346 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_2000.JPG
IMG_2000.JPG [ 3.31 MiB | Viewed 131346 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:52 am 

618F1 wrote:
Check this out Carlo. Got the wheel with rotor and cush drive/sprocket aligned. Used the official alignment rod and attachment. Had to flip the front sprocket over to gain about 6mm extra offset, and had to grind some relief to the engine side of the splines to make it slip in; works fine. Also had to remove some width from the aluminum hub to move the rear sprocket in. Note that if you ever buy a Campy for a Bimota that the sprocket hub is very different than for anything else (Bimota likes to do that), so do not buy a wheel without this part --- you may be looking a long time for one. Also note Carlo's very shiny axle slider blocks. MikeV

Attachment:
IMG_1995.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1996.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1998.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1999.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_2000.JPG

I too have found myself many times to that kind of problems, everything turns in a few mm, when the grease of the chain will dirty all Mike's jewels !!! Great job, boy!
When I come to America, I will ride your motorbike ..... sleep worried friend .... :o :o :lol: :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:43 am 

You are more qualified to ride it fast than me. And maybe you can autograph the tank too!
MikeV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:43 pm 

Hey Mike...
A lot of people don't realize how involved installing non OEM wheels can be. Do you anticipate any issues with fitting the front?
Regards...
Flattop

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next