DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FRAME VERLICCHI FRAME GPM FRAME MORETTI DIFFERENCE
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:40 am 

Hi Pat, do you recall if the tubing diameter was larger? Was the steering head at the same angle? What did you think made it lighter? That megaphone must have been light, my TT1 meg is very thin mild steel. I had a titanium pipe on my F1 and the whole pipe (meg and headpipe) was lighter than just the headpipe of the TT. This is a picture of the same type exhaust, but not mine. Lou

Attachments:
14617_1957pbffgDEZlOeH.jpg
14617_1957pbffgDEZlOeH.jpg [ 56.44 KiB | Viewed 774 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:47 am 

Ciao Carlo!

Let me add my three cents' comment, which as you know with my interest in reducing weight I cannot let pass............... ;)
I record the weight of ALL parts which I will be using on my TT2. I use an electronic scales (purchased brand-new) - as used in shops here in the Philippines - and most items which I weigh are then recorded in my TT2 Notebook. My weight for my TT2 frame bought in UK from Jim Blomley and powdercoated by him, weighs-in at 8.51 Kgs. This was before I started removing the few lugs which I have decided are surplus to MY requirements. I have no steel swinging-arm as I am using a Verlicchi aluminium item which is at the moment somewhere on the High Seas making its way to Philippines......... I am somewhat surprised at the low weights which you record for all the frames which you have weighed, especially when the official Ducati weight for the TT2 is always published as 8 1/2 Kgs. Are you sure that your scales (weighing machine) is correct?
Maybe Pat can comment on this weighty matter........................................ ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:18 pm 

Hello Pat, hello to all friends of the forum, your history, Pat, is very interesting,
Pat and you, as always enlighten us with anecdotes of history experienced firsthand.

I did not know the existence of a frame constructed with the geometry of DASPA Verlicchi.

I think next week I'm going to visit my dear friend Rino Caracchi, NCR, I would damandare him, if in Italy you know this bike frame. (DASPA)

It would be very nice to hear about Pat, with Rino Caracchi, who knows how many things would be telling.

Rino Caracchi speak only dialect BOLOGNA!

I'll show you a photo that was taken to the market Novegro in Milan, we are around 70 years.
Look what you could find a market for trade shows.

Hello Pat, and thank you for your testimony of races lived.

Hello friends, hello to everyone.

Attachments:
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 761 times ]
IMG.jpg
IMG.jpg [ 1.4 MiB | Viewed 761 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:22 pm 

I was wrong to write, we are not around 70 years, but we are around the end of 80!
I'm sorry. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Profile Personal album