DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Compare Monjuich, Laguna Seca, Santa Monica
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:09 pm 

Hi Brad, now you are sparking my memory a bit. One of the differences from an f1a to a Monty as far as the frame goes is by the lower frame tube by the center stand mount. The Monty's is flattened out a bit to clear the chain for the larger rear wheel and has a different color frame mounted chain guide than the f1a. Is the license plate frame mounted to the fiberglass seat base like the f1a? Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:49 pm 

The Montjuich frame, like the LS and Santamonica frame, is indeed flattened as you say, but I don't know how it compares to an 85 F1. The Montjuich does not have a chain guard at all whereas the Laguna Seca and Santamonica have a chain guard incorporated into the rear wheel shroud. The chain guide/slider is the same on all the limited edition F1s, translucent white when brand new changing to ivory with time. Very difficult to find, those chain sliders! The regular F1s all have a black chain guard and black chain sliders of totally different design to the limited edition ones since the swing arms are completely different. The license plate is mounted on the rear black mudguard on my Montjuich, as it does on the 86-88 F1, but you could mount it on the actual seat base as it was on my LS. Never really thought about it actually and the seat base is not predrilled for the plate. But by looking at it, maybe I should mount it to the seat base because it seems moulded to take a license plate; top half on bottom half off....yeah, nah, it's fine the way it is.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:08 am 

I've read that the heads on the Laguna Seca are different than on the Montjuich. Can anyone confirm this? What is different? Any other differences in the motor?