DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Racetech Gold valve emulator on Marzocchi fork
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:50 am 

A couple of pics here to illustrate the new 'Sports valve' and adjusting rod. I have also made a small run of marzocchi top nuts for 35 and 38mm forks with blanking plugs sized for the tool. It is best to use a specific hole size in the cap (9.6mm), as this is a fraction above the rod size (9.5mm) so the tool sheds the oil off against the cap as it is withdrawn and maybe just a single drip of oil is lost.

I'm afraid the pics don't shed much light on the internal workings, I have controlled the compression adjustment in a similar manner to the Race Tech item. That's where the similarity ends. Additionally there are a number of internal features to create a separate oil circuit giving 30 clicks of rebound control adjustment as well. The key part of the design was not only to have control of both compression and rebound, but to be able to adjust everything from the top of the unit, and without dismantling the forks.

The forks on Baby are 38mm Marzocchi's which seem quite capable of handling all that Chris can throw at them. As an exercise I am fitting the valves into Pantah 35mm Marzocchi forks to the two 500's destined for Philip Island in January.

Attachments:
sports valve marzocchi caps.jpg
sports valve marzocchi caps.jpg [ 522.4 KiB | Viewed 857 times ]
sports valves image.jpg
sports valves image.jpg [ 746.47 KiB | Viewed 857 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:17 pm 

Very nice Glyn. And the tops look much like the originals! I will certainly be one of the buyers once these are ready. MikeV

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:21 am 

I think they are excellent Mr Sports & I am very glad to hear that there will be 35mm versions too.
One little thought tho : can you put spring pre-load adjustment into the caps ?
If not, no problems - just a thought.
I think you will sell lots of these around the world ; nobody as far as I know does a 35mm kit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:57 am 

Spring pre-load can easily be introduced to the caps, But most folks want the visuals to look closer to the original. Not out of the question though.
I am still writing various documents for the website regarding this product so things will be ready in the new year. Not much point in launching anything at this time of year as the world is thinking of Santa and his helpers, which also severely hinders the postal arrangements and expectations.