DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dyno Interpretaion
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:24 am 

with those cams timing is not so important, the duration is so long that it doesn't make a lot of difference. i even wrote a report on them, as well as crapping on.

http://www.bikeboy.org/750f1lagunaseca.html

ignition timing likewise. might be worth getting as much advance into it as possible if it does have those big cams.

looks like an interesting motor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 am 

Jeff,

It's not too hard to do a static timing check of both the valve timing and ignition timing with a degree wheel, it can be a little oily as Mike suggested. If you would like help with this, I would be glad to help as I believe we are both in Illinois.

Palmer

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:03 pm 

I took the bike out to Byron a couple of weeks ago and Palmer gave me a clinic on valve timing, ignition timing and adjusting the valves. I took it back to MCC for a dyno run.

It was running super rich so Greg rejetted if and did the before and after pulls. Below is an image of the new run.

Attachment:
Dyno April2018.jpg
Dyno April2018.jpg [ 99.23 KiB | Viewed 2466 times ]

There's a little improvement from the old jet (180) to the new jet (160). Old jet was off the charts rich. If you are wondering why the difference in A/F from the old dyno run, Greg says his sniffer has been recalibrated since then. He was getting some wacky charts from some other bikes too.

While it was on Gary's bench we noticed it had the A heads. So I think the collective has come to the conclusion that it is what it is. Stoker motor (not sure what the real displacement is), old heads, Montjuic cams. Leak down, compression, ignition and valve timing checked, valves adjusted. Rejetted.

I'm just pleased to have a baseline. And I'm psych'd to get it on the track for local vintage track day.

Jeff