DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: first track day
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:00 pm 

:cry:
My first outing with the f1 was not a great experience!
It started out okay then flopped! Mostly carbbie issues with a little missing spark on the vertical cylinder to add to the drama.
I was also breaking in a new engine on my 748/853 so while not riding I had a busy weekend working on getting the f1 sorted.
The F1 got lots of attention and some great coments from all those that stopped by.
Late Saturday I had made some progress as when I fed it a handfull the front wheel came up with ease. I made one more change and put it to bed for the night.(dropped the needle down)
Sunday came...... and I had a single? Tried my best, the vertical would come and go!
Gave up and just rode my 748 for the rest of the day, it was getting better and better with each ride.
I was pretty frustrated to say the least! Work got in the way this week until today as the rain was so heavy no outside work so I played in the shop!
Wow to my surprise one of the jets I had used had been drilled out, changed it out better but still way too much fuel , reset float level, still the same, changed the needle and seat, voila I have a twin again! Just for good measure I changed the floats.
Going on the dyno monday hopefully only some jetting changes! :)