DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WANTED - F1 MUFFLER
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:07 pm 

Yeah Mike.....I looked at your LS bike, that's a nice looking pipe.

And then Flattop is right, I have a stubby exhaust support/mount that's just behind the footpeg for the short megaphone. I may or may not be able to use the short support, may have to fab something further back more like stock because there will be too much pipe hanging out the back unsupported.

Anybody seen one of these or used one for the street?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCARICO-EXHAUS ... =R40&rt=nc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:38 pm 

Gowanloch is not the same as Italspares. Ian is at home in the outback selling parts as Italspares, and you need to make direct contact about parts.

MikeV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:38 pm 

618F1 wrote:
Gowanloch is not the same as Italspares. Ian is at home in the outback selling parts as Italspares, and you need to make direct contact about parts.

MikeV

Dang.......Paul had me covered and I had my finger on the paypal button. Then we figured out it wont work, his pipe is a smaller diameter, must be for a late twin pipe bike/F1S. Thanx for trying Paul.......

Mike....Thanx, I got ya, I sent email to see if he responds.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:35 am 

Hey Cal....
How small is to small? If the I.D. of the inlet of Paul's pipe is the same or really close to the I.D. of the primary tubes of your header, you could wrap a shim around it to take up the slack. I really think the Conti is the way to go. It's the correct pipe for the bike and they look and sound great. Kudos for leaning in the right direction.
Flattop
Edit...
Woops my bad. Of course the muffler goes over the header and not into it. What was I thinking!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:37 pm 

flattop900 wrote:
Hey Cal....
How small is to small? If the I.D. of the inlet of Paul's pipe is the same or really close to the I.D. of the primary tubes of your header, you could wrap a shim around it to take up the slack. I really think the Conti is the way to go. It's the correct pipe for the bike and they look and sound great. Kudos for leaning in the right direction.
Flattop
Edit...
Woops my bad. Of course the muffler goes over the header and not into it. What was I thinking!

Yeah.....its a no go.....like 42mm vs 50mm, thats quite a difference.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 am 

As a few of us have sniffed around on exhaust/mufflers......it looks like there may be 3-5 different OEM F1 exhaust set ups. A Conti 2/1, a Verlicchi, 2/1, a late F1S twin muffler bike and then it looks like there may be a couple of muffler variations like on a late Santa Monica that has a big can on the back. Anybody chime in....is this about right? (edited oopsss, forgot about the Silentium too)

I think my head pipe is the Verlicchi based pipe that was put on later bikes. Because the head pipe diameter is so different, it doesn't appear that you can mix and match systems.

See ya,
Clay