DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fly'n Duck GIO.CA.MOTO decals $10 ea (sold)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:56 pm 

UPDATE: All sold

Howdy,
Reproduced, about 3x5 inch, multicolor on clear background. $10 ea. I have a just a few of these available.

Clay
ps. Ducadini has dibs on 2 of them

Attachments:
20180504_133133.jpg
20180504_133133.jpg [ 844.94 KiB | Viewed 1176 times ]

Last edited by Cal on Tue May 08, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fly'n Duck GIO.CA.MOTO decals $10 ea
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:58 am 

Thanks Clay for the opportunity :D

Since we’re on the topic of stickers and You’re having such fun with them : I have a original Pantah( the 1981 F2 World champion) type sticker to put on a shop window (see-through style) of about a foot ( 30 cm) in diameter.
Very rare since they were only issued to dealers and most of them used them.
Mine has been floating around ‘till the mid 80’s and then I found it on a mostrascambio (can’t recall which).
The edges have lost the glue and are a bit dirty.
Since it IS a rare one and VERY NICE, I hate to ruin it cleaning with stuff I’m not sure about.
Still contemplating how to display it :cry: on a surface.
My old Fiat 900 had some rare obsolete stickers on the windows and when I sold it, I really couldn't take the windows out, right ?
Any suggestions ?

ciao
ducadini

Post subject: Re: Fly'n Duck GIO.CA.MOTO decals $10 ea
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:38 pm 

ducadini wrote:
Thanks Clay for the opportunity :D

Since we’re on the topic of stickers and You’re having such fun with them : I have a original Pantah( the 1981 F2 World champion) type sticker to put on a shop window (see-through style) of about a foot ( 30 cm) in diameter.
Very rare since they were only issued to dealers and most of them used them.
Mine has been floating around ‘till the mid 80’s and then I found it on a mostrascambio (can’t recall which).
The edges have lost the glue and are a bit dirty.
Since it IS a rare one and VERY NICE, I hate to ruin it cleaning with stuff I’m not sure about.
Still contemplating how to display it :cry: on a surface.
My old Fiat 900 had some rare obsolete stickers on the windows and when I sold it, I really couldn't take the windows out, right ?
Any suggestions ?

ciao
ducadini

Yeah.....I dont really know, on the old one, if the edges are just clear, you may have to try and trim the deterioration. Then I think I would mount it on a piece of glass or maybe to a picture frame glass that is the right size. Then at least you could enjoy it and its portable :-) If you can get a decent digital picture it could be reproduced. I could try to see about it if you want. The problem on repro on these decals is that none of the graphics guyz like these little custom/no volume jobs as its not worth the hassle for a couple of bucks when they have other big work to do. I have had a handful of customs jobs done by a guy I know, but its kinda like he will get to it in his spare time.......it make take a couple of months to get a little job done.

When I was in high school I had a slimey green Fiat 850 Spider....not too many of those in Cedar Rapids Iowa at the time. I use to race my buddy and his Ford Pinto. 850cc of Italian muscle vs 1600cc ford.....I could clean his clock. LOL I remember at the time drooling on an orange Saab Sonnett and a Lotus Europa that was in the window of the local "foreign" car shop.