DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RACE BIKE WANTED
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:23 pm 

Due to a change in circumstances re the bike I was building for the Manx classic TT, we have been informed,along with others,and disappointed that our entry this year has not been accepted.So ,as I was putting my Montjuich into race trim,i can now leave the bike as a road bike and not risk any damage to her. After missing a bike that was advertised on here earlier this year,which I now regret,i had decided to build a f1 type bike,BUT,as I,m looking after 3 600 modern race bikes I,m looking into short cuts. So,are there any bikes out there for sale which would meet post classic regs,up to 1000cc,as the regs are being loosely interpreted,well they are for the top riders anyway,so I,m hoping that us mere clubmen will get the same treatment. Thought I,d ask here first before I start trawling the ads,complete bike or as many bits as possible. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: RACE BIKE WANTED
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:13 am 

How about this one???

She's ready to goooooooo!!!!! :o :o :o :o Just add fuel and a pilot ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171345961053?fo ... NA:AU:1653

Give those top riders a real run for their money :)

Cheers,
MikeA

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:11 am 

Thanks for the hint on the Bimota,but,a Bimota never did much for me,don,t know why,maybe they just seemed to be too closed up,cooked up,as in hot and bothered and needing to breath,much like a Paso and early Honda cbr 600,s, or big scooters,but I know in some people,s eyes they were a thing of beauty. I need to stay with the traditional Ducati tt/f1 style,which sets my pulse beating just a little faster.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:18 am 

One ride on that Bimota and you may change your tune, it was a little rocketship at Mosport.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:56 pm 

...Far from hot & bothered. Temperatures in the high 20s c that weekend and I never saw more than 80c on the oil temp gauge.

The guys are right - the thing runs like a Swiss watch and goes like a scalded cat. Brilliant handling. But don't take my word for it; I'm biased. After riding it at Mosport, Nick Ienatsch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Ienatsch said: "… My experience on Steve's DB-1 at Mosport couldn't have been more positive. He rolled it off the trailer Saturday morning, we rode the hell out of it all weekend, and he rode it back onto the trailer Sunday night. All Steve did was add gas. Bulletproof and extremely fun, surprisingly quick...probably the fourth-quickest lap time in the fast group at DOCC. The motor pulls strong, the bike sounds right and the chassis is sorted and composed at the limit. The problems? All the new sport bikes in the way during lapping!!".

Ian - I can make it look just like a TT. It's only bodywork.

It almost ended up looking like this (..fooling around with ideas before I stripped it down):

Attachments:
DSC04353.JPG
DSC04353.JPG [ 3.01 MiB | Viewed 718 times ]

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:41 pm 

ian charlton wrote:
Due to a change in circumstances re the bike I was building for the Manx classic TT, we have been informed,along with others,and disappointed that our entry this year has not been accepted.So ,as I was putting my Montjuich into race trim,i can now leave the bike as a road bike and not risk any damage to her. After missing a bike that was advertised on here earlier this year,which I now regret,i had decided to build a f1 type bike,BUT,as I,m looking after 3 600 modern race bikes I,m looking into short cuts. So,are there any bikes out there for sale which would meet post classic regs,up to 1000cc,as the regs are being loosely interpreted,well they are for the top riders anyway,so I,m hoping that us mere clubmen will get the same treatment. Thought I,d ask here first before I start trawling the ads,complete bike or as many bits as possible. Thanks.

I have a bike you might be interested in. Take a look at this post, it basically tells my story. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10836. I would seel it complate at this point. I live in Miami, Florida. If interested, PM me.