DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pantah 500 engine for sale or trade
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:52 pm 

I have the racing bug so I have decided to sell or trade the engine that is currently in my race bike. It is a 1981 500 SL engine, but it is an early model with the borgo pistons and cylinders. Engine number 601474. This engine runs like a scalded cat. It has been the model of reliability for me performing admirably at Blackhawk Farms, Road America, and Grattan. I have re-wired the ignition pickups, installed new valve seals, and new timing belts. I also replaced the shifter and output shaft seals along with two new rubber seals for the ignition and alternator wiring. Starter sprag is in good shape. Engine has 29k kilometers. Trans and clutch are also in good shape.

Overall, I have had zero complaints or breakdowns with this engine. The only problem is that I am running in a 750 class with a 500 that does not take kindly to modifications. Maybe somebody out there is looking for an early engine for a project or restoration.

I am asking $1000 us dollars. I am also VERY open to a trade if somebody has a 650 or 750 engine that they would like to trade. I do have cash to make up any difference. I am very flexible and open to any sort of wheeling and dealing, so if anyone has any interest at all, please let me know. I live in northern Illinois but I am willing to travel.

Dave

Post subject: Re: Pantah 500 engine for sale or trade
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:50 pm 

If nobody is interested in my 500 engine, does anybody have a 650 or 750 engine for sale? Or possibly a 650 or 750 short block that I can swap my heads and everything else onto?

Thanks
Dave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:12 pm 

Hi I have a paso motor but in in the UK. But just lifted this from the paso forum its in the usa

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:45 pmPosts: 3Location: USA model: 750 Paso year: 1987Got to move:Complete engine in frame; the gearbox & clutch, complete cylinders - crankshaft, everything for the timing, both heads, carburetors, pumps, crankcase clutch side, crankcase chain side and alternator, + chain & guard, fuel-line & filter, rear shock, rear foot pegs, side & center stand, both brake calipers, header pipe, and straight wheels. Everything else is gone - I no longer have.The bike was in running order with engine in great condition when I took it off the road October 2006. It has 19,143.0 miles on it. As for asking price: first one to make an offer and arrange SHIPPING or PICK-UP gets the lot.Questions - call me at 631.209.0080Guess I should add it is located in Central Suffolk County, Long Island, NY

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:41 pm 

Auburn,

I did see the ad for the paso engine in NY. I am hoping to find an engine with the big swing arm pin and forward facing rear head so I can just bolt it into my chassis.

Dave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:11 am 

Hi, I put a paso 750 in my TT but made a couple of alloy outrigger suports for the end of theS/A pin works fine.
Then all you need is the rear head. Or an F1 motor but hard to find.
the paso stuff is cheap. :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:04 pm 

I believe I have a 600 motor with a 710 kit in it that was a great runner. I believe it had a 2nd gear issue with a bent fork, if you were planning to rebuild at all I could supply any bottom end piece necessary. Have 61.5 mm complete cranks as well and I think I have a set of 750 barrels and pistons as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:10 pm 

Thank you to all who replied, I have found a nice 650 from a Alazzurra SS just a few hours away.

Dave