DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: barn find Harris TT2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:04 pm 

As most of you know, I had to close down the shop in Queens, NY and am now in my small shop in my neighbors garage. When I left, I sold my TT2, before I ever had a chance to restore her. Every time I sell a bike, I always try to use some of the money to put a bike in my future. Usually that means buying a frame or parts. Whatever comes up. Most of the money from the sold bike has to pay bills. Which as we all know sucks!
A buddy of mine, BevelDementia as you know him, sent me a post from pantaheads. Someone was interested in selling a Harris TT2. No pictures, no nothing. I had called the gentleman and asked for some pictures he said he would take them. A month passed. I figured why not try again. He said he had just taken pictures and would send them. The next day I bought it. I was nervous as the bike was in California, but the guy sounded like a real enthusiast whose interest was more in bevel drives. I received her today. A diamond in the rough I would say. She has everything, and needs everything. Just the way I like them! I have all the receipts from new. She was bought as a kit from Sports and he has all the correspondents with Steve Wynne
included. I will post some of them because they include prices, The kit was expensive for the time, but some of the other parts are ridiculously cheap. those were the days! The pictures make her look better than she is, and I also sorted out some routing so the tank and seat now fit the bike better. I won't be working on her for a while, but that I had to do! Lou

Attachments:
IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG [ 2.57 MiB | Viewed 12129 times ]
IMG_1495.JPG
IMG_1495.JPG [ 2.58 MiB | Viewed 12129 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: barn find Harris TT2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:00 pm 

She may be rough Lou, but it looks good to me. What a find. I want to say you are lucky, but a friend used to say “some people make their luck”. Have fun after staring at it a while.
MikeV

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:14 pm 

Hey Lou..
All fiberglass or did you luck out and get an alloy tank?
Flattop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:23 pm 

Hello Lou
Good score !
It’s lucky it has gone to a good home

Graeme

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 pm 

Thanks guys! No luck on the alloy tank Flattop, but for a glass tank it's in pretty good shape. I have so much extra Harris stuff as far as glass goes. I've given a fair amount away to friends, but I'm in good shape. The forks have light corrosion and need new tubes, amazingly the brakes worked when I unloaded it from the shipper, and they are nice p432's. With nicely made brackets. She has the street subframe and headlight which I've never seen in person. All the wiring is there, and the Dymags look nice. These were cool looking street bikes. The guy who bought it must have figured he'd race it and street it. She has a California title, that has the engine number, and another number I have yet to find on the frame. I'm guessing Harris only numbered the bikes they built. I think it's a 600 with 38mm flat slides, and the heads have been ported and has cams. This is all according to the paperwork and what I can see without disassembly. I know I'll have to source or make the early Dymag Cush 'donuts'. I'm sure they're dust. All I see is a lonely girl that was neglected, and needs a little love. I'm her guy! Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:33 pm 

Very Nice!! a fantastic find!!!

Clay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:58 am 

if I understand correctly the bike is yours Lou?
A beautiful bike ..... please strip it! :D

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:05 pm 

No Carlo, not yet, but I had to tidy up a few things. First in the original pictures I received you can see the the tank is sitting so high. The exhaust was low, the seat too far back. A few minutes of re-rouing and a little hammering and she looks a lot better. Got rid of the exhaust wrap, and fitted the head pipe to the meg. The were both beat up at the ends strangely. The tach cable was the culprit for the high tank. Lou

Attachments:
i-6v37rXX-X2.jpg
i-6v37rXX-X2.jpg [ 322.48 KiB | Viewed 12049 times ]
IMG_1499.JPG
IMG_1499.JPG [ 1.12 MiB | Viewed 12049 times ]
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 12049 times ]
IMG_1497.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 12049 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:49 pm 

What a find, Lou.
Selfishly I hope it doesn't take long to get your hands on him ..we want to see it finished.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:41 pm 

Lou nice find. Some choice components on there. These things seem to find you!
Was riding my bicycle in my neighborhood last week and spotted this! Now I,m trying to make more room.
I don,t think I could ever move like you did.
-Cranky-

Attachments:
DSCN2265[1].JPG
DSCN2265[1].JPG [ 1.67 MiB | Viewed 12033 times ]
 Profile Personal album