DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1985 Ducati 750 F1, US$13,751 Oct 2010
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:36 am 

Auctioned 10/24/2010, US$13,751 (6 bids)
1985 Ducati 750 F1
Eng #
Chassis # ZDM3AA3L9FB000519
3,155 Kilometres
Item location: Queens, NY, United States
Details;

*** I'm selling this for a friend. If you have interest in seeing other pictures, please contact me and let me know what you'd like to see more clearly. If you have questions about the bike, you're better off e-mailing the owner directly: ducttf1@aol.com *** DESCRIPTION: This bike started life as a 1985 F1A. It's been completely rebuilt by the owner to replicate the 1985 Ducati factory endurance racer. You can see a pic of the factory bike it replicates here: http://www.ducati-tt .de/12Bilder_worksr cer/File_bs1.jpg The current owner is the second owner. He bought it with about 3500 Kilometers on it. It has no speedo, but he's sure it has less than 5000 kilmoeters on it- hence the 3155 miles in the listing. It was built with the intention of being a racer so it has all sorts of race goodies and LOTS of titanium hardware and drilled out parts. It turned out too pretty though and has been mostly a show bike. Always kept in a heated garage and very well loved. The bike has been sitting for quite a while, that said, the bike starts right up and runs nice. See it run in this video: http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=cqxSs054 1k I should also mention that this bike was built with a lot of care and attention to every detail. The owner who built it won the first Ducati Concourso for "Best Superbike Overall" in 2007 with another bike he built so you should bid with confidence that this is a quality built machine. Also want to mention this bike was in a Hemmings calendar (not sure which year) and featured in Hemmings News. GOODIES: MOTOR: Original motor was replaced with an F1 B motor Supermono (lightened) primary gears Magnesium valve covers Magnesium cluctch housing Lightened clutch basket Vented clutch cover EXHAUST: NCR titamium open exhaust ** super rare ** custom titanium hanger billet exhaust flanges CARBS: Stock Dell'Ortos with Malossi screens WHEELS: Marchesini magnesium wheels. 17" x 3.75" front and 17" x 6" rear Old racing rain tires-- should be replaced BRAKES: Brembo 4 piston GP Mach 1 calipers up front with quick release and braided lines Goldline Brembo brake master-- both brake and clutch masters have remote resevoirs and are freshly rebuilt 300mm full floating cast iron rotors in front 260mm full floating cast iron rotor in rear FORKS: 41.7mm M1R Marzocchi forks CHASSIS: Verlicchi aluminum swingarm Fully adjustable Ohlins rear shock Custom made fairing stay/ subframe with oil cooler and quick detach headlights Pro Italia pegs Ohlins steering damper BODY: Aluminum fuel tank with drybreak Custom fiberglass seat with altered seat cushion Custom front fender and brace OTHERS: Veglia competition tach. No speedo Brand new dry cell battery Lots and lots of titanium hardware BIKE NEEDS: Tires & belts for starters The bike has been mostly sitting the past few years so the owner recommends that whoever buys it goes through everything-- put a wrench on all the hardware, clean the carbs and maybe re-jet, change fluids etc. Rear brake has no fluid- just add and bleed Brake light is not hooked up. Wires are run to the front, but a pressure switch needs to be added. *** Bike is not completely perfect. There are a few small paint chips in the wheels and frame. A lot less than what you'd expect from a bike that was put together 15 years ago, but you should know the bike is not perfectly mint. I have pictures of these paint chips, but the listing only allowed me to post 24 pics and I didn't want to waste a bunch with zoomed in shots of small chips. If you're interested, contact me and I'll e-mail you these pics (you can see some of the chips is the close ups of the wheels). Bike is sold AS IS, where is. The current owner doesn't want to fix any of the imperfections listed above, hence the reasonable price. I'm sure there's more that I forgot to add. This bike has all the yummy parts you could want. Like I said above, direct your questions about the bike to: ducttf1@aol.com Requests for more pictures can come to me. SHIPPING: The bike is located in Queens, NY. The winning bidder will have to arrange for either pick-up or shipment and is responsible for all arrangements. Thanks for looking!!! On Oct-21-10 at 05:01:55 PDT, seller added the following information:There have been a lot of questions about the title for his bike. It's clean and clear and the bike is completely street legal-- except for the tires of course :)On Oct-21-10 at 08:52:12 PDT, seller added the following information:Thanks for all the interest! I'm afraid the owner is not interested in offers of partial trades so please refrain from asking.

Attachment:
i200532299504.jpg
i200532299504.jpg [ 29.98 KiB | Viewed 2442 times ]

Profile Personal album