DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1987 Ducati 750 F1 Winning bid US$13,600 June 2013
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm 

Auctioned on eBay 25 June, 2013. Winning bid US$13,600 (25 bids)
1987 Ducati 750 F1
Eng # DM750L1-AA3G752830
Chassis# ZDM3AA3L2
5,894 Kilometres
Item location:Galena, Illinois, United States
Details; eBay item 230999150969

At auction is a 1987 Ducati F1-B, 750 cc, an extremely fine example with 3654 mi/ 5894 km. I believe I am the fouth owner of the bike, it has been in dry south and southwest USA climates and storage, always in climate control storage during my 10 year ownership in Northern Illinois. The machine is stock with several exceptions, an original NCR 2-1 exhaust, no baffling, and 40mm Dell Orto carburetors with mesh bellmouths from a Montjuich. Throttle cables are Barnett with adjusters in the cable run, much better to tune and synchronize. Brake lines are Speigler. The bike thus breathes well, and has a spectacular Ducati sound. There is also an OEM floating rear disc on the bike.

It is equipped with a centerstand and helmet lock and the sale includes both original Vitaloni fairing mounted mirrors. All original decals are on the bike, they have been carefully reproduced from digital photos of originals I have uncovered in the research for the bike. They are in the correct position, coloration and type faces are as new, and the text was reproduced with the original typographical and spelling errors. There is a small red dot decal on the headlight, this is as original.

It is being sold with the original tool kit, original owners manual, original (not a reprint) new Fi/ Monjuich service manual, a folio size blue Ducati binder with a new F-1/ Monjuich parts manual in its original plastic. There is a clear Illinois title on the bike. The bike is presently in the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, Iowa, been there for a little over one year. It can be seen there if near you, a group of photos is shown in the auction, I can furnish more detail if the buyer requires it. The bike has not been run in four years, carbs and tank are drained and dry, no battery is included.

Over seven years, the bike has had a thorough refurbishment, not a restoration. All fasteners were replated in zinc or zinc dichromate as appropriate, there is a little chrome on the bike, this was redone in show quality. Tires are new Metzlers, brakes calipers and master cylinders have been rebuilt but not filled due to storage - Don't want moisture. Clutch master and slave cylinders rebuilt, wheel bearings repacked. Wherever the bike was disassembled, all reassembly was performed with Wurth lubricants. Rubber parts have been sourced and replaced with originals throughout the bike. New crush washers and o-rings used all over the bike. My objective was to bring the bike to correctness as original, but not better.

I've looked at many of these F-1's and i can say that this has been nurtured into the best one I've ever seen. If you have been looking for the best one out there, I doubt you could do better particularly with all the F-1 documents included.

Terms: This bike is on auction, there is a reasonable reserve, but the sale price will not be a giveaway or extreme, I want a good fair price for this exceptional example of the F-1. I will crate and ship the bike overseas. All monetary responsibility for shipping and crating costs will be the buyer's. If the purchaser is domestic, I can arrange for pickup by the vehicle carrier of your choice, or I will deliver to you in a trailer at a cost to you approximating a transfer carrier. I make no warranty on the bike, it is sold as is where is.

Terms are cash, PayPal is acceptable, or cashiers check. Deiivery will be made after funds are collected, including shipment to an overseas buyer. The bike is yours the minute it goes into the truck and I must be paid with collected funds at that point. Please understand the terms before getting into the bidding. I will take any phone call with questions at 630-834-xxxx, or through e-mail through e-bay. I am in Illinois, USA central time..

Thanks for looking and good luck, Warren

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 503.99 KiB | Viewed 1565 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 410.78 KiB | Viewed 1565 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 280.99 KiB | Viewed 1566 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 419.69 KiB | Viewed 1566 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 352.74 KiB | Viewed 1566 times ]