DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sports m/c's TT944
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:58 pm 

Sorry friends, I realize you can make replicas of the 38 mm forks.

Right?

If it is so beautiful as a project.

I do not know if it is right to ask you the price of these forks.

Sorry if I do not understand right away.

Thanks. Carlo.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:35 pm 

Ciao Carlo,

Firstly, your English is much better than my Italian.

Secondly, the forks will be for sale in two ways. As complete sets, or to supply only the lower machined castings. This is so the buyer can keep the costs down by supplying the kawasaki forks themselves for the other parts to complete the build if they wish to do so.

Thirdly, as for price, that is difficult until I have finished the castings.

The original Marzocchi forks are 38mm but mine are 4mm larger to allow for the kawasaki 41mm stanchions etc.

Glyn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:33 pm 

I am glad you posted this monster, Glyn. I am sure it is a nice as the parts you have produced, some of which I have purchased from you. MikeV

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:06 am 

Hi Glyn,

I'm not in the market for a set of forks at the moment, I almost wish I was because I really like the way you are going about these. Should I ever need to replace either set of the F1B 40mm Forcelle Italia forks we are now using, your replicas have jumped to the top of the list. I believe the F1B triple clamps could safely be bored out 1mm. I'm not up on Kawasaki models, which one has the 41mm forks your magnesium sliders are intended for? Maybe I can do a little preliminary ground work on those in case the need suddenly arises. In my experience, good forks are second only to good wheels in difficultly of coming up with.

On another note, are you ever in contact with Sean Kynnersley? Back when Steve was moving to the far side of the earth, he steered me to Sean as a possible source for Sports spares. I did contact him, and he figured he probably originally built my Harris TT (#HPD69) back in the day. And he came thru big time with a nos '89-'90 Sport Verlicchi swing arm when I was in desperate need to replace the TT's busted original one. And pretty much all he wanted was a photo of our bike in action. I see his shop's website (Corse Performance) is still active.

Good luck with your big move and please keep us posted on all the interesting things you're doing.

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:35 am 

Hi Bill,

I am sure the Forcella yokes will stand 1mm taking out. The forks are made to suit the early zx6r up until 97. After that they went up to 46mm, then the wrong way up.

Regarding wheels, new Dymags and Campags are still available but are quite expensive. The second hand wheels are rocketing in price too. But I suppose thats all our fault for creating the demand.

I have not seen Sean for some years now. There is every chance he did build your Harris at Sports. I believe he sold the spares a couple of years ago that he bought on Steve's retirement. I have no idea where they went but there wasn't much left.

I wish I dare say a bit more about what I am doing as much of it is not on the website. The issue is that with the move going on I am not in a great position to respond to any demand I may create. Making a big noise at this time would serve to generate more stress than I already have now and maybe lead to disappointment for some customers until I get set up in NZ. I am filling containers and working at the same time.

Right now we have nowhere to live over there and I have nowhere to work from. But I am sure that will soon change after we arrive. Never been frightened of a challenge !!

Glyn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:52 pm 

Understand. Safe journey.
Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:04 pm 

I thank you for the compliments on my English, I will make my compliments to my simultaneous translator!

I'm kidding! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You had never seen this website?

A German friend of mine told me about photography is very beautiful, but he told me that these replicas are very nice fork ducati tt2.

You know them?

I once spoke with the owner of the site Hold Racing Spare Parts, he wanted to make the linings of magnesium with the merger, he had casting problems and all the material was very porous, or full of holes or holes.

I do not know if he succeeded in his project.

I hope that you have understood.

Hello Friends

http://www.sportsmotorcyclesducati.com/ ... chi-forks/

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:58 am 

Ciao Carlo,

Your English is very good.

The 35mm TT2 forks on the link you posted are the ones I manufacture. I have had no problems with the castings being porous at all. I guess it depends on who does the casting. The process is quite different (and 5 times the price) to casting aluminium so maybe thats where Old racing spare parts had a problem.

Glyn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:55 am 

Hello Glyn, I hope not to be mistaken for my bad English, I have heard the opinion of a person who told me what I have told you.

I saw the photo of your bike, I think you are a very talented person.

I wanted to say, and point out my opinion, I only fear of being misunderstood.

In my opinion, you have to continue with your project.

Good Job.

Carlo Leoncini.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:17 am 

Ciao Carlo,

Thank you for your kind words. I have seen your products which I am also impressed with.
We may have already met on your stand at the Imola autojumble last year. I think you had a stand towards the bottom of the big rise on the circuit.

The bike is for sale if you know anyone who is looking for something special.

Glyn.