DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fourth Ducati TT and F1 Symposium Sept 2-4 2012
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:48 pm 

I just want to thank everybody for the super welcome I was given at last weeks symposium at New Hampshire. I was so impressed with the TT1 & TT2 Ducati's that were there. Thank you Lou, Ralph, Mike, Chris, Scott, Ted, and so many more people thAt I met over the three days. It was so good to see these machines being raced. It was good to see and watch Steve, ( Loudbike) finish buildig his TT 1 at the circuit, a super looking bike that sounded and went as good as it looked. I was thrilled to help a little with it's preparation. All the Ducati's that were there were a credit to everyone, weather they be in a original condition, Scott's TT2 was a credit to him. I thought the New Hampshire circuit was amazing, and as the 1980's Ducati advertisments said," we were in Ducati country !." Thank you to Ralpf Stechlow for bringing along the 500cc GP Cagiva and firing it up, that machine bought back memorys, when I watched Jimmi Adamo race it at Donnington park in the mid 1980's.. Thank you to Lou Saif who bought along with Ralph so many TT1 & TT2, (even if some where in Harris frames !!!!).
Thank you also to Mike Weber, who collected me from the airport and generally kept an eye on me and kept me out of trouble. Mike your workshop, (and home) is a amazing place full of history. I could quite happily live down there !.

Once again thank you to everybody, I had a wonderfull time.

before I sign off I would like to say how impressed I was with a couple of "lady " racers, well done to Sindy D'Angelo. ( Steve's daughter) for her heroics as a passanger in that very lively BMW sidecar outfit, and to Jane Kennedy and her undisputed ability for racing that "big" Ducati. Jane is such a demure and feminine lady, ( as of course is Sindy ) and she even does her own machine preparation !!.

Hope to see you all next year.

Pat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:32 pm 

Pat - It was a treat having you there. We're extremely fortunate that you've come into our lives and that you choose to make the long journey to our gatherings and hang out with us (and our machines). I look forward to the conversations with you, the history and the warmth that you bring to bring to the events.

Sincerely,

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:48 pm 

On page 6 there are some pictures of the bikes and people, can someone introduce the people so us poor people know who is who?

And there is an interview with Mr Slinn, can we read or see the interview somewhere? Please?

This is me (to be polite and not a voyer)
Regards
Graeme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 pm 

Pat - We're so lucky to hang out with you! Thanks so much for coming.

Maybe you can do us one more favor - I overheard you talking to Ralph's wife on the phone, explaining to her that the Cagiva GP bike "really needs a place INSIDE the house to stay warm during the winter". I'm wondering if you could possibly make a voice recording of that same explanation, so that the rest of us can play it for our wives when the garage gets too cold for our precious little TT's. The combination of your eloquence and English accent will be more than enough to persuade even the most adamantly opposed spouse.

Duc 900SS-FE #181

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:12 pm 

Hey Graeme,

I'm not sure how many of these people want to remain anonymous... I'm sure most of them are "wanted", but anyway, here goes. (usernames in parentheses if I can remember them)

The Group shot, from left to right are:
Bruce Meyers, builder, tuner, racer, all things Ducati, a fixture
Chris Jenkins - jovial (and fast) racer from New Jersey
Some smiley goof (duc_181)
King Louie, the Oracle of the TT's, and by a cruel twist of fate, to tall to safely operate a TT (ducttf1)
Steve D, painter to the stars, vintage racer extraordinaire.... and a sick, sick man (babbo)
The one and only Pat Slinn who certainly looked "at home" at the track
Rich (rp84), super friendly racer making an inspirational return to the track
Ralph, who wowed us all by restoring, starting and RIDING the Adamo GP bike
Mike (cranky roller), balances torturously detailed, teutonic ducati counsel with great generosity and a passion for motorcycles
(Loudbike) Steve, builds killer motorcycles and then uses them as cigarette holders.

Not pictured in the group shot were (LGT-FST) Warren, seen in pic #2 on his rediscovered F1, and (Pantah good) Bill crouching to have a look at it. Also Mike Dube, seen in the backgound of pic#3 with the Ducati beach hat and Marty the track chef, my super-patient transport to the track, and all-around duc nut. And there's Endo-san, in the background of pic #3, looking straight into the camera.

Hmmm, Did I forget anyone?

Duc 900SS-FE #181

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:04 am 

Thanks Scott,
Nice to be able to put faces to the bikes.
Steve wins the cleanest screen award.
Nice bikes all of them.
Graeme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:47 pm 

Beautiful looking machine Graeme! Good to see you having fun, maybe next year we can smuggle you into the states? You look like you would fit right in. Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:59 pm 

You guys missed two absolutely perfect days at VIR. I did my best to uphold the LOUD F1 tradition though.
Steve,yield to temptation next time!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:52 pm 

wdietz186 wrote:
You guys missed two absolutely perfect days at VIR. I did my best to uphold the LOUD F1 tradition though.
Steve,yield to temptation next time!

Bill:

Would have been a blast, I'm sure. I'll tell you what; you and Donnie make it up to the next TT / F1 Symposium and I'll be down to VIR (hopefully with a few others).

Deal?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:40 pm 

Steve, I'll try and plan more than a week or two ahead next year and do my best to make it. Maybe I'll even freshen the motor a bit too!

Bill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next