DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The forth annual Ducati symposium.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:49 pm 

Less than a month to go before the forth annual ducati symposium, who's going ?, if not why not ?.

see you there, Pat.

Post subject: Re: The forth annual Ducati symposium.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:02 pm 

Hello Pat,

That explains why the forum has gone a bit quiet.

"if not why not?" too far no money. Will wait for pictures. (unfortunatly)

graeme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:19 pm 

Hi Pat, Hi Graeme, yes the Forum has been a bit quiet, but when you think about it this Forum is always so active that it surprises me. This is a very expensive hobby and getting worse as the popularity increases. I remember when nobody wanted 'old' Pantah, Brembo and Verlicchi parts. Not only were they cheap, but plentifull as well. Even complete old racebikes were inexpensive. I miss those days. That being said we are getting a lot of nice repro parts allowing many people to realize the 'dream' of owning one so I guess it's a good trade off. Graeme the whole 'Symposium' idea was just a way of getting friends together at a central spot so we could all get a chance to see each others projects, racers, and 'trailer queens'. We had this get together at my shop and it was fun. Food, drinks (non-alcoholic, I know boring) and deserts brought and made by friends. We even passed around the hat to pay for some of the food. Nothing fancy. How many TT's and F1's are in your neigborhood? The 'Symposium' has kind of taken on a life of it's own and thats great, but really, nothing is better than a small gathering of friends just having a good time and enjoying a passion for Ducati racers. Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:36 pm 

Hello Lou,

There was a time in the late 80's when Ducati bevels (singles and twins) were about $1 per cc. If only I had known then what I know now!
Pantahs are going up in price in the last 2 years, before that no one wanted them here. (Australia)
Now even paralised twins are getting expensive.

In Australia there are quite a few TT replicas (more every year) and a couple of genuine bikes too.
Many F1s and Pantahs, but not so many seen any more.

I'll have wait for the pictures and stories from your excellent event.

The best times are usually with a few friends talking about Ducatis and bullshit, with or without a few beers.

Graeme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:05 pm 

For me it is too far this year. Yet, you will come across the big pond to be here, Pat. And that after getting frisked by airport security at every stop. After all, you are know to sneak Ducati performance parts past customs. I hope the TSA person who inspects you is good looking. MikeV

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:50 am 

2,971 miles from my place.

Gary Patton

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:22 am 

Hi Pat and everybody,

Here is what I know. That cranky-Mike and I did dyno runs last week and talked about this subject.

He is going to post an update soon he said. He is going up to Loudon tomorrow to make final arrangements for a couple of garages, tents, etc for the 4th symposium.

Fri August 31 Penquin RR School & Open Practice
Sat Sept 1 Setup Symposium (Day 0?)LRRS Racing (TTs/F1s could enter LWGP, F40L, F50L, etc classes)
Sun Sept 2 4th TT/F1 Symposium Day 1 & LRRS Racing (TTs/F1s should enter P89 Lights)
Mon Sept 3 4th TT/F1 Symposium Day 2 & USCRA Vintage racing (TTs/F1s should enter F1 class)
Tues Sept 4 4th TT/F1 Symposium (Day 3?) & Fishtail Riding School Track Day (ride your bike for fun but sign up soon)

He's planning a some special activities. More to come when things finalized with the track, LRRS, USCRA, etc. Hope many can come up to NH. I know it is far.

Rich

Attachments:
File comment: TT on dyno run - hey is that a license plate ?!?
100_3416.jpg
100_3416.jpg [ 1.71 MiB | Viewed 3823 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:03 am 

Hi Rich,
Did C.R. let the dyno operator actually touch that street bike? Also, in the USCRA event, if your TT is 650cc or less, you could also enter F2.
Bill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:06 pm 

Mike, that was in the days before full body scanners, to day with all the metal that I have in my knees and hips whenever I pass through security the bell's and lights really do ring and flash !. Reminds me of the time that I pushed and caried a TT2 engine through Bologna airport, nobody took any notice at customs, however my luck ran out at Manchester airport, they wanted a invoice or some kind of paper work. Cant remember how I got away with thatt one !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:37 pm 

I will be there with bells on. I will be bring an old duc I found in my basement along with an old mec I found on face book. Warren