DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2023 Symposium!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:28 pm 

I'm sitting in my shop, staring at projects. I need some motivation, so we need to have a post Covid Symposium! Are you with me Forum!!!! Let's gooooo!!! Okay How about some suggestions? I'm thinking either NJMP or Loudon in NH. Suggestions appreciated, and help is always welcome, and needed, but the biggest thing we need are TT's and F1's to show up. Please, if you guys don't help we will be stuck with bagels and coffee in my driveway, in a 2 car garage, and that would be a sorry Symposium! Let me know what you are bringing, incomplete projects, racers, show queens, all welcome! Let's get going!!! Lou

Attachments:
IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2395.jpg [ 1.09 MiB | Viewed 10634 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: 2023 Symposium!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:08 pm 

Hey Lou, great idea a long overdue!
I am game for wherever we end up!
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:34 pm 

Best picture I have seen in a long time ,,,,,
I’ll help in spirit

Graeme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:08 am 

I really like the beard Lou. Did you lift that bike onto that platform? Well, I am still game, but we will see what next year holds. MikeV

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:22 pm 

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. So I'm thinking a bunch of Symposiums, small and large. All around the world on the same weekend. Have one in your shop, a park, a driveway, anywhere. I want to invite bevels and 4 valvers, parallel twins and singles. All Ducati clubs. We may not be able to be together in one place but certainly together in spirit! We can do zoom calls, or just take a bunch of pictures and post them. I'm just brainstorming, or the new meds are kicking in. What are your thoughts guys? All three of you! Lou

Attachments:
fullsizeoutput_5db.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5db.jpeg [ 123.91 KiB | Viewed 10552 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:43 am 

Hi Lou, hi guys, I didn't understand if it's a meeting place in your garage, or it's a meeting place here in the forum, however you are very pastriotic with that beard!

Attachments:
IMG-20201012-WA0080.jpg
IMG-20201012-WA0080.jpg [ 53.46 KiB | Viewed 10537 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:22 am 

Lou, I think you may be on to something, there are pockets members around the world!
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:11 am 

huit wrote:
Lou, I think you may be on to something, there are pockets members around the world!
Paul

That would be interesting to have a couple of locations since not everyone can travel. But, I think there has to be a bunch of hardware at each location or it takes some of the fun out of it. Or, sometimes you can draw more people if you tie it to some other big motorcycle event thats taking place.

Clay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:10 pm 

Agree with everything you said Cal. That is the point. We are spread all over the world. This would be a way to unite the enthusiasm. Time to share all those beautiful machines out there. As Carlo has said many times 'we are only caretakers of these machines'. Carlo has enough iron to be his own Symposium. When I set out to have the first gathering, it was basically my way of getting my friends to bring out some bikes I wanted to see. I invited everyone I knew in the Northeast. I was lucky enough, at the time, to have a 5000 square foot shop in LIC NY. I spent weeks cleaning up and moving a bunch of cars so the shop would be empty enough to fit all the bikes I hoped would show up. I remember the early morning of the gathering. I was finally done setting up, and was waiting, hoping my friends would come. A feeling of dread came over me, what if nobody shows up? Within the hour of that thought, the vans, pickup trucks and trailers started showing up from all different states! I was blown away. Everyone showed up. Not to mention the weather was lousy. It wasn't even called a Symposium, it was just a gathering, but my buddy Ted said I should make a sign in sheet. I said that I had no time for that, he should do it for me. Thinking he was clever he printed up the sheet 'Lou's first annual TT Symposium'! Where did that first annual part come from? This was a one shot deal, at least I thought it was. After every Symposium, I usually end it by saying 'not dong this again', only because I'd be exhausted from it. It's turned out to be a wonderful event. I think this would be number 10 or 11. One in the UK, the one at Assen was amazing. I know it seems like a giant undertaking, but it can be as big or small as you like. Some of my friends would put out a donation jar and it usually would cover most of the cost. The most expensive Symposium we did was the Jimmy Adamo Memorial at Loudon. I had posters made and two trophies to honor Pat Slinn and Reno Leoni. All our friends were so generous and donated money in a big jar that really helped me almost break even. It's not about the money, it's about the love and passion we have for what we do. Trust me it's worth the effort! You will make new friends for life. Lou

Profile Personal album