DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Ducati Moto GP and Superbike riders named.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:58 am 

It is reported, by unnamed sources, that Carlo Leoncini has been signed as a rider by Ducati Lenova for the remainder of the 2022 season. This will make him the oldest rider in the history of the modern series. His only (rather unusual) request is that he is supplied with unlimited America fastfood cheeseburgers and fries. All this after Honda made Carlo a lucrative financial offer to ride for the oft-injured MM.

And, others have hinted that Mike Weber (Cranky) is being considered for the Ducati World Superbike team, to replace the recently-retired Chaz Davies. Oddly, he wants to use a vintage bevel-drive that he acquired last year, and Ducati has some concerns about that; Ducati suggested he ride something with four cylinders and plain bearings. But Cranky is a Reno Leoni man. Lou Saif will be his repairman/restorer should the team find sponsors.

Let’s wish them all the best and much success during the coming race season.

MikeV

BREAKING NEWS. Upon hearing of Cranky’s entry Huit was heard to reply “If he can ride that old obsolete thing then surely my Peter Calle TT1 will be qualified. I know enough replicas have been built in the last 40 years to homologate it, and mine is authentic. I will be there as soon as the glacier clears from my driveway.” His sponsors will be the Canadian Truck Drivers Union.

Arai has replica helmets for all three in the works. All this should make for an exciting season for the TT/F1 forum. This news is good for one day only — April 1st — and then a Whitehouse spokesperson will clarify all of this.

Last edited by 618F1 on Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Ducati Moto GP and Superbike riders named.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:47 pm 

:o Wow, not only can you build beautiful motorcycles… such creative writing!!
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:32 pm 

Well you are the only one I fooled then. MikeV

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:33 pm 

Happy April 1ST!!! That was great Mike!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:10 pm 

Cheese burgers and fries for Carlo will make up for the soon to be banned ride height devices ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:00 am 

Fooled? You mean this was all a joke? I have been busy preparing my bevel single for nothing!
I believe Ducati was after my emerging "fixed ride height" technology anyway. Original prototype by the late great Bill Swenson!
-Cranky-

Attachments:
IMG_3221.jpeg
IMG_3221.jpeg [ 723.62 KiB | Viewed 6972 times ]
IMG_3225.jpeg
IMG_3225.jpeg [ 564.84 KiB | Viewed 6972 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:14 am 

Bill was at the forefront of 'FRH' technology! I miss him! Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:47 am 

618F1 wrote:
It is reported, by unnamed sources, that Carlo Leoncini has been signed as a rider by Ducati Lenova for the reminder of the 2022 season. This will make him the oldest rider in the history of the modern series. His only (rather unusual) request is that he is supplied with unlimited America fastfood cheeseburgers and fries. All this after Honda made Carlo a lucrative financial offer to ride for the oft-injured MM.

And, others have hinted that Mike Weber (Cranky) is being considered for the Ducati World Superbike team, to replace the recently-retired Chaz Davies. Oddly, he wants to use a vintage bevel-drive that he acquired last year, and Ducati has some concerns about that; Ducati suggested he ride something with four cylinders and plain bearings. But Cranky is a Reno Leoni man. Lou Saif will be his repairman/restorer should the team find sponsors.

Let’s wish them all the best and much success during the coming race season.

MikeV

BREAKING NEWS. Upon hearing of Cranky’s entry Huit was heard to reply “If he can ride that old obsolete thing then surely my Peter Calle TT1 will be qualified. I know enough replicas have been built in the last 40 years to homologate it, and mine is authentic. I will be there as soon as the glacier clears from my driveway.” His sponsors will be the Canadian Truck Drivers Union.

Arai has replica helmets for all three in the works. All this should make for an exciting season for the TT/F1 forum. This news is good for one day only — April 1st — and then a Whitehouse spokesperson will clarify all of this.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I must say it took me 5 minutes to find out what was happening!
Then I saw the fries, and then I said, luckily you eat it !!!
Happy first of April to you and all the friends in here !!

Profile Personal album