DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Classic Bike Track Day at Willow Springs CA this Sunday
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:41 pm 

In case someone might be interested.....Classic Bike Track Day at Willow Springs CA this Sunday

Post subject: Re: Classic Bike Track Day at Willow Springs CA this Sunday
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 pm 

Cal wrote:
In case someone might be interested.....

MIGHT be interested??? You got to be shitting me...man, I sure would love to ride THAT!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:24 am 

LOL :lol:
So, you guyz are a bad influence on me......you all told me that when I got the F1 going I would know exactly what I wanted to do with it....go take it to the track. I have been resisting that urge.....but I am weakening. I will go watch this weekend. But, I am probably only a set of new tires, and another check on the valves from being able to do. Unfortunately, I have a set of leathers in the garage and a snell helmet.

F1 is bad idea - its a ticket waiting to happen on the street, race track is not good idea for old man, very expensive to fix if you break it, its not enough fun to just let it sit in the garage and look at it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:50 am 

It may be on a race track, but you're NOT racing. Start in the slow group, follow instructors around and LEARN THE LINES. A track day is the perfect place for an old man on an F1, and you won't break it. Just think how satisfying it will be sitting and looking at it in your garage the night after your first track day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 pm 

pantah_good wrote:
It may be on a race track, but you're NOT racing. Start in the slow group, follow instructors around and LEARN THE LINES. A track day is the perfect place for an old man on an F1, and you won't break it. Just think how satisfying it will be sitting and looking at it in your garage the night after your first track day.

Thats a nice try PG :D .......you know you cant fight the laws of nature, 1 motor bike + 1 motor bike(s) = race

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:27 am 

Most track days have pretty strict rules about when, where, and how you're allowed to pass, so it's not at all like racing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:16 am 

Found some photos on FB, including this nice Pantah. Click on L or R edge of photo for more.
https://www.facebook.com/classictrackday/photos/rpp.315496392255099/408472306290840/?type=3&theater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:24 pm 

Then I found this photo today that was taken Sept. 2016 by a track day photographer at what's turned out to be my last track day. That was an old school type day where I rode my longtime favorite and muchly modified R90s over to Loudon in my race leathers, did a few sessions on the old gal with her street Bridgestone's on and then rode it home. Had a great time, except the ride over was a bit cool, that suit flows a lot of air. I started having back troubles later on that fall and then ended up not even riding once during 2017. First time since 1968. Then last winter I was diagnosed with ALS, so I ain't riding this year either. Clay, my point is, that we're all on the clock and we don't know what tomorrow might bring, so don't put off doing that track day with your F1 another year. You'll have so much fun.
Bill

Attachments:
9-12-2016.jpg
9-12-2016.jpg [ 397.64 KiB | Viewed 4885 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:22 am 

Hey Bill,
Thats a great shot on the old Beemer!! We must like all the same stuff, I have an old R80 hacked up, not all hot rodded, but looks kinda cool (although I am not sure you can make a flat twin look sporty:-) I hear ya on the clock ticking, I am hoping to retire within the next 2 years.

Sorry to hear you have some health issues, I hope you get a chance to do some more riding!!! I will probably try to get that F1 out on the track, its gonna be hard to resist, unless I ask my wife for some advice on the topic..........

Clay

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:06 am 

Thanks for the coverage Cal. How many vintage bikes were there?

And thanks for the photo of you on the Beemer Bill. Hoping you can get in some more rides.

MikeV