DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2015 symposium?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:03 am 

That sounds good, however a bit far away from the UK.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:16 pm 

I guess I should know what a RS is.
Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:41 pm 

pantah_good wrote:
I guess I should know what a RS is.
Bill

It refers to the racing models from the Ducati factory in the late 1980-1990's ; 851 Corse, 888 Corse, 916R, 748RS, 996RS, 998RS, etc. I believe the "R" was for "racing" and the "RS" was for "racing special."

Attachments:
corser9602ca4.jpg
corser9602ca4.jpg [ 98.73 KiB | Viewed 1411 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:51 pm 

Sorry, just kidding. There's lots of different of RS's out there...Porsche, Aprilia, MV, Guzzi, BMW, etc. I'm impressed there enough Ducati RS's there to pull off an event. It's too far away for me also, but sounds like a good time. Have fun.
Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:21 am 

tvision321 wrote:
Combined TT and RS Symposium? :)

We were so impressed with the buzz of the TT Symposiums of the past that we initiated a last minute RS symposium in November of 2014 with a pretty good showing. Several RS owners and myself have expressed an interest in combining the 2nd annual RS Reunion with a TT Reunion this coming Fall 2015 at Palm Beach International Speedway ( PBIR ). We are in the midst of investigating the options for dates, guest rider(s), mechanic (s) and speaker(s). We'd like to have a dinner or BBQ on Friday evening either at the pavilion at PBIR or other local spot. Could be a blast!

Date: 1st choice at this time is the second week of December, Thursday the 10th and Friday the 11th; with other time slots Nov 12th & 13th, and final possibility of 2nd week in January.

The weather is typically perfect in December and the first couple weeks of January.

We would be open to any and all suggestions.

cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom With due respect to your proposal we had already set this year’s TT/F1 Symposium to take place on Sept 20-21 at New Jersey Motorsport Park. More details will follow. That’s not to mean that you can’t have your own gathering to tag along with the RS feature.
-Cranky-

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 pm 

CrankyRoller wrote:
tvision321 wrote:
Combined TT and RS Symposium? :)

We were so impressed with the buzz of the TT Symposiums of the past that we initiated a last minute RS symposium in November of 2014 with a pretty good showing. Several RS owners and myself have expressed an interest in combining the 2nd annual RS Reunion with a TT Reunion this coming Fall 2015 at Palm Beach International Speedway ( PBIR ). We are in the midst of investigating the options for dates, guest rider(s), mechanic (s) and speaker(s). We'd like to have a dinner or BBQ on Friday evening either at the pavilion at PBIR or other local spot. Could be a blast!

Date: 1st choice at this time is the second week of December, Thursday the 10th and Friday the 11th; with other time slots Nov 12th & 13th, and final possibility of 2nd week in January.

The weather is typically perfect in December and the first couple weeks of January.

We would be open to any and all suggestions.

cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom With due respect to your proposal we had already set this year’s TT/F1 Symposium to take place on Sept 20-21 at New Jersey Motorsport Park. More details will follow. That’s not to mean that you can’t have your own gathering to tag along with the RS feature.
-Cranky-

No worries, that is great. It may be worth then looking into combing the two events for 2016. Perhaps a discussion of whether or not people would like that or not would be appropriate. We just thought combining the racing Ducati generations would be cool. May make it easier to attract speakers, sponsors and or a broader interest.

We appreciate any and all feedback, cheers! Tom

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:05 pm 

I agree Tom, it would be great to find a venue we can use every year, as well as combine any and all Ducati corse machines from all periods. It would help all of the logistical problems faced by a small event, and make it easier for people from around the world to attend if it is a multi-day event. Keep the ideas coming guys, it would be fun for all of us. Lou

Profile Personal album