DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TT1/F1 Symposium USA OCTOBER 4 - 6, 2013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:54 pm 

Great Pictures!!!!!

First time I've seen a picture with Mr Leoni without a cigar,
Mike doesn't look 'Cranky" at all,
Huge smiles on everyones faces,
Carlo, your "Translator" looks friendlier than the google one.
The number 26 Cagiva TT looks good, as do all the other bikes.
Thank you all for the pictures, almost as good as being there. :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 am 

And you said you didn't get any pictures Steve.... Nice shots.

I was blown away by the Saturday night ceremony. Amazing to have Jimmy's daughters there. I think they were a little surprised (understatement) that so many people would prize the bikes and memories they have of their late father, who (sadly) they never got to know. What an interesting perspective that must have been for them.

Thanks Lou, Mike, Ralph, Jane, etc. for putting this together. It's still all your fault Lou. ;-)

Duc 900SS-FE #181

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:27 am 

"......Mike Vogt for driving clear across the country with his gnarly 900-based special....."

That may have been the most impressive thing of the weekend to me. That's quite an adventure. Good for you Mike.
Bill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:35 am 

duc_181 wrote:
And you said you didn't get any pictures Steve.... Nice shots.

I was blown away by the Saturday night ceremony. Amazing to have Jimmy's daughters there. I think they were a little surprised (understatement) that so many people would prize the bikes and memories they have of their late father, who (sadly) they never got to know. What an interesting perspective that must have been for them.

Thanks Lou, Mike, Ralph, Jane, etc. for putting this together. It's still all your fault Lou. ;-)

You were carrying a camera as well, Scott.. Where are the pics? ;)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:42 pm 

[/quote]You were carrying a camera as well, Scott.. Where are the pics? ;)[/quote]

Mine are back a page or 2... Glad you got the tent at night. Looks cool.

Duc 900SS-FE #181

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:38 pm 

Look what just walked in the door...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:26 pm 

There goes the neighborhood..

Seriously - Welcome, Enzo! I was great to finally put a face to the voice last weekend.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:49 pm 

Thanks Steve,
Before i say anything i want to thank Steve for telling me i needed to get in touch with that 20 TT owning rich jerk from Queens, Lou Saif, a couple of years back when i called to buy a part for a 900SS.
Seriously, Symposium 5.0 changed my life & i'm not exaggerating. In time, you guys will understand why.
I have much to impart to all about how much of an emotional roller coaster this weekend was for me, mainly because of the fact that i was like an uncle to those girls when they were so young & i never thought i'd see them again. I also want to talk about a lot of what i was showing them about their dad that they did not know, which is just interesting. There were several poignant moments that i want to talk about as well, but i have some business i need to take care of first.
The first thing is that Bill Wiedner left on my display table a framed card of Jimmy. I was the last to leave & took everything that was left. I don't have the framed card in my stuff now that i have gotten home. Does anyone know where it could be?
Next, this event needs a press release. I started one & the few folks i have run it past say it's good thus far, but i have spoken to the one journalist that i know, Larry Lawrence from Cycle News & AMA, & he states it needs to be 500-1000 words with the who,what,where,when,why. This is difficult because there were so many involved that some may have to fit under the umbrella as a donator to the cause, but i personally would rather that anyone who contributed get the specific recognition they deserve. I have been told that i write well & have been asked to write for others, but press releases are not my specialty. Was there someone with enough experience in this area in attendance whom i can work with to get a press release finalized as well as a story that i can give to Steve Aspland who is trying to get RRW to do a story? That would be great. The story piece is easy peasy for me. I don't really like press releases because they can be rejected for a lot more reasons rather than just telling a story.
Let me know.
Grazie formaggio,
Enzo.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:02 pm 

test. (I sent a reply days ago but it seems it never made it up. Just seeing where the issue is).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:57 pm 

Hello Friends , sorry for the delay , only now I could see the beautiful pictures that you have made to the symposium .
The time zone is one thing a bit boring, but you will not offend , if I had a yearning for an espresso ITALIAN ! ! hahaha! !
Carlo Leoncini , is playing with you !

I do not know how to thank everyone, the reception was more beautiful in my entire life.

I have seen the pure friendship , I've seen a lot of humility and generosity in all people of the symposium .

I believe you , you have got , to see that I did not recognize the people in the memory , I continually mistaken your faces with the names wrong , I feel really stupid.

I am very happy, because you, you were all very patient with me , my wife came the nervous breakdown , to be able to withstand in translations impossible ! !

I wanted to bring my friend Simultaneous translator , but I have not found the place on the plane , so I had to stay with my wife !

But you do not tell her!

I wonder where should I begin ............

The bike was fantastic, and very fast, he is very tall , so I earned a lot in aerodynamics, I was very aggressive on the bike , I was very low , I thank you very much , my friend Bill , he was on hand , making all that I wanted, unfortunately the rain has spoiled the party a bit , but not entirely , because I did 8 laps in the dry , 6 laps in the wet , making two or three scodate ..... BRRRRR , and I also did the tour with a panoramic Rhine and Patt, what could I wish for more out of life?I have put some pictures, now I make another edition, so expect a bit of time that I come with new photos and thanks.

over and out ........ for now ..

Attachments:
immagine 181.jpg
immagine 181.jpg [ 98.86 KiB | Viewed 698 times ]
immagine 182.jpg
immagine 182.jpg [ 77.61 KiB | Viewed 698 times ]
immagine 200.jpg
immagine 200.jpg [ 101.85 KiB | Viewed 698 times ]
immagine 201.jpg
immagine 201.jpg [ 109.39 KiB | Viewed 698 times ]
immagine 197 (4).jpg
immagine 197 (4).jpg [ 76.63 KiB | Viewed 698 times ]
immagine 180.jpg
immagine 180.jpg [ 115.51 KiB | Viewed 698 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next