DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TT1/F1 Symposium USA OCTOBER 4 - 6, 2013
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:13 pm 

It was a long trip, and I still do not have my legs. But is was well worth it, and I will remember it for a long time. It was great to get better-acquainted with so many I met for the first time at Barber in 2011, and to meet even more who are on this forum. Some did not make it. I thought about listing names, but there are so many; this time I will remember them. The bikes were great, including the unfinished, the incomplete, the wounded, and the running racers and collectables. And it was fun listening to the humor among all the serious discussions. Only hope I can do it again somewhere and sometime in the future. MikeV
Attachment:
IM008165.JPG
IM008165.JPG [ 526.88 KiB | Viewed 902 times ]
Attachment:
IM008167.JPG
IM008167.JPG [ 482.76 KiB | Viewed 902 times ]
Attachment:
IM008172.JPG
IM008172.JPG [ 492.97 KiB | Viewed 902 times ]
Attachment:
IM008133.JPG
IM008133.JPG [ 502.85 KiB | Viewed 902 times ]
Attachment:
IM008103.JPG
IM008103.JPG [ 506.98 KiB | Viewed 902 times ]

Attachments:
IM008138.JPG
IM008138.JPG [ 476.75 KiB | Viewed 902 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:28 pm 

Here I am! In the first photo, there's my friend Cris, I do what I can say about him? I do nothing, because he is very strong and muscular!

He eats a lot, luckily in the U.S. food portions are very generous! Thanks Cris of your friendship, thanks to your beautiful wife and your beautiful daughter with her boy friends!

what can I say about Michael Weber, I could talk for hours and hours to repay so unselfishly, he has served me in everything, lost time with me to make me understand all the important things in order to get on track, he saw me when I stroked the tank of the bike Bill, in that moment I was crying, because I was talking with my father who is no more, when I went up on the bike, I had a thought up there in the sky.

I was telling him, how much joy inside me, and that he was there with me, I did not believe that my friend Crancky had seen me, I thank him for having told.

You have seen my number on my sweatshirt?

You knew that I was born May 26, 1964?

maybe it was fate that I was there!

Attachments:
immagine 198 (4).jpg
immagine 198 (4).jpg [ 75.13 KiB | Viewed 902 times ]
immagine 196 (4).jpg
immagine 196 (4).jpg [ 77.92 KiB | Viewed 902 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:08 pm 

I have to talk about Ralph!!!!! He's like the Tasmanian Devil!

Her laugh, it spreads with the power of a hurricane, his friendship is overwhelming!!

Hello Ralph!!!!

is the turn of Lou Saif, I would have one wish, I'd like to insert a USB socket in the head of Lou! I'd like to download his cultural baggage, and master all the info!

However, in retrospect it's better not, my head, although very large, can not support as much memory!!

Hey Lou, I beg you, do not ever change!

it is the turn of Patt!!

Fantastic person, a great friend, I promised him that the next time I speak English, I hope to see him for the next 18 years!

Having support from a well of wisdom, and not to demand anything, maybe for him it is better that way, I'd blue from the stress, I domanderei all the little things, I want to know everything you remember, to take advantage of his words.

I forgot, Hey Pat, we need to go into business for the marketing of ICE in USA!

The Americans never lose the war, but are defeated by the air conditioning and ice in drinks!

Ciao Patt!!!

What can we say about Reno Leoni ........... I have seen VERY moved, he is a cornerstone of American motorcycling, the Beautiful daughters of Jimmy, just do not expect though!

Thanks Reno, for everything that you did!!!

I would like to thank allow Jimmy, I wanted to know him, I saw his daughters, and two girls so good, do not come into existence by chance!

Thanks Jimmy!

Carlo.

Attachments:
immagine 232.jpg
immagine 232.jpg [ 93.79 KiB | Viewed 898 times ]
immagine 223.jpg
immagine 223.jpg [ 77.16 KiB | Viewed 898 times ]
immagine 225.jpg
immagine 225.jpg [ 90 KiB | Viewed 898 times ]
immagine 221.jpg
immagine 221.jpg [ 84.1 KiB | Viewed 898 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:18 pm 

Hello, I do not remember the name of the pilot fast! He has inhuman strength, all the times he told me things, he was pounding, and I moved like I was a feather!

He is very personable! :lol: hoi hoi.....

Attachments:
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 115.06 KiB | Viewed 897 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:28 pm 

Enzo wrote:
Thanks Steve,
Before i say anything i want to thank Steve for telling me i needed to get in touch with that 20 TT owning rich jerk from Queens, Lou Saif, a couple of years back when i called to buy a part for a 900SS.
Seriously, Symposium 5.0 changed my life & i'm not exaggerating. In time, you guys will understand why.
I have much to impart to all about how much of an emotional roller coaster this weekend was for me, mainly because of the fact that i was like an uncle to those girls when they were so young & i never thought i'd see them again. I also want to talk about a lot of what i was showing them about their dad that they did not know, which is just interesting. There were several poignant moments that i want to talk about as well, but i have some business i need to take care of first.
The first thing is that Bill Wiedner left on my display table a framed card of Jimmy. I was the last to leave & took everything that was left. I don't have the framed card in my stuff now that i have gotten home. Does anyone know where it could be?
Next, this event needs a press release. I started one & the few folks i have run it past say it's good thus far, but i have spoken to the one journalist that i know, Larry Lawrence from Cycle News & AMA, & he states it needs to be 500-1000 words with the who,what,where,when,why. This is difficult because there were so many involved that some may have to fit under the umbrella as a donator to the cause, but i personally would rather that anyone who contributed get the specific recognition they deserve. I have been told that i write well & have been asked to write for others, but press releases are not my specialty. Was there someone with enough experience in this area in attendance whom i can work with to get a press release finalized as well as a story that i can give to Steve Aspland who is trying to get RRW to do a story? That would be great. The story piece is easy peasy for me. I don't really like press releases because they can be rejected for a lot more reasons rather than just telling a story.
Let me know.
Grazie formaggio,
Enzo.

Enzo - I can give you a hand with the PR - there's a bog post I put up a few days ago with some more detail on the event. http://www.loudbike.com

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:32 pm 

This is the best gift you could do me!

Thanks Stephen!!

carlo

Attachments:
immagine 187.jpg
immagine 187.jpg [ 5.48 MiB | Viewed 897 times ]
immagine 186.jpg
immagine 186.jpg [ 5.52 MiB | Viewed 897 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:46 pm 

To thank my friend Steve Munro, we can do it only by showing his creations.

A great friend, a great professional and a great craftsman of ...... COFFEE!!

Ciao Steve!

Attachments:
immagine 193.jpg
immagine 193.jpg [ 5.72 MiB | Viewed 896 times ]
immagine 190.jpg
immagine 190.jpg [ 5.59 MiB | Viewed 896 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:21 pm 

Hi Carlo, glad you and Antonella arrived home safely. The 'pilot' you couldn't remember is Robbie Nigel. Bill Swensons (pantah good) rider and buddy. He is very fast! You traveled thousands of miles to be with us and we will always be grateful. As we are of everyone that came. This was the best Symposium. Barber had the most bikes and people but this one had the most soul. Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:47 pm 

Nigl.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:31 pm 

I arrived home from the symposium buzzing with excitement. I met many old friends and indeed made a lot of new ones. I need to thank everyone for their welcome, hospitality and their generosity. Without doubt the Ducati TT symposium is becoming one of the most important Ducati events in the world. Where else would you find people with such an in depth knowledge, ( technical and historical ) of these wonderful machines, I am of course thinking of Lou ( it is all his fault ) Saif, who's extraordinary quality and detail of building of these TT's is legendry. Mike ( Cranky Roller ) Webber, who seems to have more parts in his well equipped basement workshop than Ducati ever had !. The " legend" who is Rino Leoni, that did so much for Ducati in North America during his stay there. And of course Carlo leochini, who produces with "passion " the most wonderful parts, with the emphasis on quality, Carlo was accompanied by his lovely wife and translator Antonella. Carlo we will take on America and produce more ICE than they ever can !!. There was my friend Ralph Stechlow who has restored and rebuilt Jimmy Adamos No 26 Ducati Bevel, and the ex factory ex Jimmy/ Rino GP Cagiva to such a high standard. Enzo, it was good to meet you, thank you for what you did with Jimmy. Steve Munro also adds to the technical knowledge, his Ducati 750 and his Bimoto restorations were a credit to him. The "painter" Steve D'angelo and his lovely daughter Cynthia, how good it was to meet you again, your little 350 Moretti was lovely and a credit to you. How can I name everybody ?, but thank you, Rich and Marsha, Chris and your lovely wife, remember Chris you can do it !, Bill Swenson, Mike Dube, Robbie Nigl, Robbie I will never forget your wheelies down the hill !. and Scott, your TT 2 looks better each time I see it. Seth it was good to meet you, thank you for what you did, I hope to meet you next year. Thank you VJ for coming all the way from New Orleans, I have checked VJ and it was 1983 when you, Rino, Jimmy, and a few more of us met at Suzuka in Japan. Apart from the bikes, the other very impressive thing was the coast to coast journey made by Mike Vogt in his camper with his most impressive Ducati on a open trailer, now that is commitment Mike, I'm pleased that you made it home. I must also thank Jane kennedy for organizing my wonderful birthday cake, apart from Jane being a hard racing lady, she is a good baker .
If I have not thanked everybody for all there friendship please forgive me. I hope to see you all next year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next