DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tt1 at Bob Mcintyre 2015
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:35 am 

Took our TT2 now fitted with a 750 motor to the recent Bob Mcintyre meeting,and she came back with 4 wins and a :pull out: in the last race with a jumped timing belt,5 teeth gone, but 2.5 seconds under the class lap record ,there,s life in the old girl yet. But our entry for the classic TT once again turned down. And here,s me thinking fans would like to see a proper old girl from back in the days going round the mountain again. Alas,the star names now are more important than the bikes !.Just have to try again next year.May be she,d be well blown off by the built last week classic bikes which now fill the grid.I,ll try to get a couple of photo,s if any of my kids can put them up for me.

Post subject: Re: tt1 at Bob Mcintyre 2015
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 pm 

Fantastic results Ian, you must be quite pleased. 'Built last week classics' is becoming the norm I guess. Keep at it, and can't wait to see some pictures. Congratulations. Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:19 pm 

Well done Ian!
Seems the TT is becoming a playground for the pro riders!
paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:34 pm 

Thanks lads,it,s all good fun,real good fun. But I,ve heard a little rumour that the Classic TT was paying the stars for the first 3 years, then the big payouts were done. If that's so, a few more of us clubmen might stand a chance, we,ll see, time will tell. And this is year 3. lucky,on stripdown,no damage found, back together now and just fired her up. Seems ok, I,ll find out tomorrow when I buzz her up the road. Fingers and toes crossed!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:34 am 

Hi Ian, well done, good results, so pleased for you all I believe that a couple of "europeans " who wanted to enter their genuine TT's and they were turned down. The week old classic bikes and stars are now more important.

Why did you have a belt jump ?

Pat.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:49 am 

Thanks Pat,it was so enjoyable ,and to run against the litre bikes made it real fun,the Bob Mac at East Fortune has been good for us these last 3 years,and makes such an enjoyable change from our usual modern R6 and zx10 escapades. And to hold the Bob Mac trophy means so much to me,old boyhood hero and all that. Regards the belt jumping, although they are checked ,and replaced well before needed,i can only hold my hands up and admit that the rear belt was running loose, 5 teeth gone when removed.BUT,i,ll see that it doesn,t happen again,i was lucky. She also managed 2 fifth places at Cadwell earlier this year in the class against litre bikes,modern classics I think,bikes 10 years old,which was a set up run-out for the Scottish meet.The noise seems to please a lot of spectators who were around in the days of your own outings with TR,they comment on the change from howling 4 cylinders. It,s all good fun,both on the track and in the shed.Took her up the road this morning,and all,s well.Once again,i was lucky.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:01 pm 

ian charlton wrote:
It,s all good fun,both on the track and in the shed.
Yes it is. Good for you Ian.
Bill