DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Original NCR TT2s - are records available?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:03 am 

I've owned an "original" (i.e made in the early 80s) TT2 rep for a couple of years now & its got some nice NCR kit on it - dry clutch, NCR 7s , Malossi 41s etc. Some information has come to light recently that leads me to believe that it is an NCR built bike.

Does anyone know if NCR kept records back then and if so who has them?

The bike wasn't sold to me as an NCR so I doubt the details I've discovered have been added to fool a purchaser at some earlier point.

Any info or leads gratefully received.

Mike

Attachments:
File comment: The TT2 600. Came from Italy probably from the Milan dealer Orsenigo.
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG [ 1007.06 KiB | Viewed 1057 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Original NCR TT2s - are records available?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:14 am 

Hi Mike, a real beauty you have. Sadly many NCR and Ducati records of these particular pantah powered bikes either don't exist or are 'lost'. Even things like the original patterns for casting some of the NCR parts are gone. A real shame. Does anyone else on the Forum have different information? Lou

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Original NCR TT2s - are records available?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:22 pm 

Lou, I spoke with Livio Lodi a couple of years ago regarding the factory racing and production TT2's. He told me that most of the original factory racing department TT 1 and TT 2 records including engine and frame numbers, race records and photographs had been lost.

All the information that I was obliged to send them regarding Tony Rutter's TT 1 & TT 2's after each test and race had also been lost. They also have no record of the frame and engine numbers of the 40 odd production TT 2's or the 10 TT 1's that they produced. I kept a comprehensive record ( copy ) of all TR's TT 1 and TT 2's, this included the engine spec's, gearing used, the jets, tyres, fuel and oil consumption, lap times, race records and photographs. Unfortunately all these records were taken by somebody and never returned to me under the excuse of them being company property, I believe that they were destroyed some years ago.

personaly I believe that the factory records still do exist, in the possession of may be, a ex employee. Hopefully one day they will become available.