DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TT1 wheels.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:34 am 

Hi can anyone tell me the difference between Campagnolo and Tecnomagnesio wheels. I'm chasing some if anyone can help. 16" front,18" rear. Thanks Boucher.

Post subject: Re: TT1 wheels.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:57 pm 

Hello Boucher. First, we should hold your answer for ransom, till you post more photos of your Pantah project. But, I will start this, and others (like Lou) will perfect and correct it. The Campys came first; they have the old style fluted edges. At some point Campy became, or was bought by, Tecnomagnesio; the first wheels were still fluted, and some have Campagnolo and Tecnomagnesio decals on them. Later they went to only Tecno..........decals, and at some point they switched to the more-modern flat-edged rims, but on the same overall design. Then, Tecno......... brought out a variety of other designs that are not like those on the TTs. The early ones are more or less interchangeable, depending on your "purity". This is my short version. MikeV PM sent 6/29 PM

Last edited by 618F1 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: TT1 wheels.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:06 pm 

Hi Boucher, this wheel has been on ebay for a while and I think it is a good deal. Ducati Königswelle 750 F1 TT1 16x3.5 Tecnomagnesio Magnesium wheel / rim / Felge http://r.ebay.com/F9e5Ei. Boucher, many subtle differences between not only Techos and Campys but even the when comparing Campys to Campys. The wheel on ebay has the magnesium ring that gives you the Ducati Brembo pattern. I suspect they were trying to make wheels that could be used for many applications. Early Campys had narrow hubs and the ID for the bearings was small. As time went on they made wider hubs and larger bearing ID's so they could use a wider range of bearings and adapters for different brake rotors. The hubs became wider so they could be machined down for different applications. Ducati cush (5 bolt) drive and Menani style cush (7 bolt) drives were used. I'm sure others were used. This is just my opinion from the different Campys I've used in building bikes. I am sure there is a Campagnolo historian on the Forum with better info. Lou

Profile Personal album