DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: silenced megaphone TT1
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:08 pm 

There are a few of Steve Munro's new silenced megaphone exhausts circulating in classic race or trackday use this year. Sound limits are here to stay so effective 2 into 1 megaphone systems appropriate for Verlicchi and replica frames are very welcome news for the riders of these machines.

I just fitted one of Steve's stainless zorsts for three days of trackday riding and straight off loved the darn thing. Fit up couldn't be better, ground clearance is perfect and it passed sound check readings no concerns yet still makes lovely music, particularly on the overrun tipping in.

I run giocamoto/NCR7 in a set of Reno heads so a megaphone is necessary and this one works in spades. Slightly larger section headpipes help midrange wonderfully and my TT785 held its own everywhere against modern machines to a surprising degree, I'm chuffed to bits!

Check Steve's site for some pics though I'll add links here if I can remember long enough to actually do this. (sigh...).

Unhesitatingly recommended. If you ride your TT1, check this system out.

Period.

Best regards

Franco

Post subject: Re: silenced megaphone TT1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:32 am 

YouTube Links:
http://youtu.be/ufiWv-O3TI0
http://youtu.be/EYAXaw_xJJE

It was great to hear the system on Fran's bike and to get such a great feedback on the system's performance. Kudos to CrankRoller for developing a system that actually improves performance with the NCR #7 cams while passing the new sound requirements. I was really concerned about re-packaging the F1 system to fit the TT and work with the bike's lines and although I was able to get a sense for the aesthetic with the mule I put together to build the systems, it wasn't until I saw Fran's bike out in the light of day that I realized that we pulled it off (at least in my opinion).

But it sucked not being able to go and play with Fran on-track with my now-so-almost-complete-I-can-taste-it TT1. Fran and I have been doing track days & racing together - first on bevel twins and then TT/F1 machines for over 15 years and we've both been looking forward to getting out on equal machines. Looks like we'll have to wait until Grattan in early August..

Fran's TT1 is pretty unique in that it's been regularly thrashed for the last 15 years or so - and carried us to an overall win and a bunch of podiums in the VRRA Endurance Series. It's the only bike I've ever won a race on and handles like a dream. It wears the scars of three pretty serious crashes and more hard use than any other TT1 on this continent, but still goes like a scalded cat.

Attachments:
Fran.JPG
Fran.JPG [ 3.08 MiB | Viewed 1518 times ]
FranzTT.JPG
FranzTT.JPG [ 3.15 MiB | Viewed 1518 times ]

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: silenced megaphone TT1
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 am 

OK, these zorsts are the biz. Post DOCC Calabogie trackdays 02, 03 July and my initial impressions are correct -- these systems work. I'm a customer, not a shareholder so my allegations are based on experience not lyrical sales-speak.

Steve adheres to impeccable standards which you can easily see for yourself. You can also see Steve is naff at maths 'cause my old banger was first raced at an AMA endurance Shannonville 1988 riders; myself, Bruce Meyers, Chris McDermott placed 6th.

Ride these things my friends, don't wait for heaven's gate...

Franco