DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ozzie Ducati TT2 Racebike Build
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:13 am 

I love Fridays! Parts usually have arrived, and so its time to hit the workshop! :D
Tires are fitted to my Campagnolo magnesium wheels and I now get to finally fit them up to the bike. Everything went together like clockwork. Very pleased :D
I still have to clean and fit the axle adjusters but that's a job for this weekend.
Need sleep now, time for Bed.... Next up the Carbs.

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 173.55 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 224.83 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 248.42 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 383.34 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 270.14 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 443.68 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:22 pm 

corsa wrote:
Carlo, I never get tired of looking at your parts!!! You're a craftsman!! :)

GRAZIE!!!! Good Work!!!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:26 pm 

I forgot, I was looking at the last picture, because it measures your rear shock? I seem to see the swing arm a bit 'too open, and see your bike a little high in the rear.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the photograph has a perspective not real, anyway great job. Ciao a tutti dall'Italia!!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:57 pm 

Very pretty wheel assembly's. Nice job. You are making me regret switching to 17 inchers.
Bill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:44 pm 

Carlo wrote:
I forgot, I was looking at the last picture, because it measures your rear shock? I seem to see the swing arm a bit 'too open, and see your bike a little high in the rear.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the photograph has a perspective not real, anyway great job. Ciao a tutti dall'Italia!!

G'day, Carlo. :D
The rear shock is an old 750SS shock that is temporary until I can decide on what shock I'm going to use.
I have a couple of questions for everyone.

What's a good length shock? Eye to eye? What's everybody using?
There are a few brands out there and I'd like something period looking with comp & Reb adjustment oh and with a remote reservoir as well.
If anyone has anything for sale please shoot me a pm :)

Yes, Bill, I switched to 18" mainly for the look, 17" are the way to go for performance, tire choice, grip etc... but 18" look cool :mrgreen:

Ciao.

Ciao.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:33 pm 

Looking fantastic!!!!

I'm chasing a set of clip ons, same as yours, but for the 40mm Marzocchi fork legs (off 1989 Sport) if anyone has any ideas

for your shock, try the PVM Duo of the early Paso or 851, I'll measure mine up for you when I pick up the 2nd project bike again

Attachments:
DSC01238.JPG
DSC01238.JPG [ 5.4 MiB | Viewed 1451 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:04 am 

G'day, Just an update.
I've just rebuilt the 36mm Dellorto's for my TT2 and they were pretty grubby, and had a few chewed up adjusters and fasteners, so it was time to get my hands dirty again!
First up pull them all apart and take notes, sketches, photos etc... As this always helps when screwing anything back together.
Once apart it was time to fire up my ultrasonic cleaner, 30 Minutes later and they came out clean as a whistle. Can't believe I waited so long before purchasing one of these.

I ordered a Dellorto rebuild kit plus associated bolts, screws etc... And started to piece the carbs back together again. No real dramas except I'm leaving off the accelerator pumps, I believe I just won't need them. I'm in the process of making up some blanking plates which I'll fit very soon.

Overall it was an afternoons work if all the parts are to hand, pretty simple and I now have two fully functioning Carbs again.
I have used the original throttle cables just get the bike running, but I'll fit two new ones in due course, anyone know if they're a standard part? Or do I have to make them up? Also what's the general thoughts on lengths of both cables?

Almost forgot!! I'm just about to start on the wiring and coil/ignition plate etc... Anyone have some clear pics of what it all looks like and how it all goes together?

OK, onto the pics.
Cheers,
Lee.

Attachments:
File comment: Dirty old Dellortos
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 318.49 KiB | Viewed 1448 times ]
File comment: Dellortos in pieces
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 328.92 KiB | Viewed 1448 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 380.83 KiB | Viewed 1448 times ]
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 402.1 KiB | Viewed 1448 times ]
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 352.85 KiB | Viewed 1448 times ]
File comment: Finished Dellorto
7.jpg
7.jpg [ 383.5 KiB | Viewed 1448 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:04 am 

Hi Lee
Great build 8-)
What kind of fluid are you using in the ultrasonic. Just water, or a purpose made cleaner?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:19 am 

Desmo T.
It depends really. Mainly water but with a dash of either washing up liquid, (Lemon fresh smelling, just because I like the smell !!! :mrgreen: ), or auto degreaser, or pure lemon juice mixed with water, but I haven't tried this yet.

I do use the heater on the cleaner at around 50 -70 degrees, as the cleaner works better when its up to temp.

Mine was the 6L version with heater and about $230 AUD from ebay.
So far, I'm lovin' it.

Lee.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:48 am 

G'day, all.
Its been ages since I last posted anything and I have been busy building this TT2, (honest I have!). :lol:
Some of the jobs I've knocked over has been installing the wheels, making the axle spacers, cleaning and rebuilding the 05 Goldline Brembo Calipers, fitting the genuine Marzocchi Pulsar Rear Shock, stripping the many layers of paint from the oversize Bathurst fuel tank. (What a thankless task that was!!) I've decided to keep the large oversize "Bathurst" tank as it adds a little Ozzie connection and you just don't see many of them out there. One thing you can see is how the tank was enlarged, the tank started out as a ordinary TT2 tank from Ian Gowanloch and he the cut it horizontally and then raised it around 60mm.

Anyway, I was struggling to get a new fairing for the bike, so I had a local firm in Melbourne strip the years of paint off the fairing with Soda, and what a fantatstic job the guy did, super impressed and it allowed me to make any repairs and keep the original fairing.

I bought a new seat unit from Italy and that fitted right up with just the usual trimming.
Next up was the Crankcase beather box, I had to fabricate it so that it was like the early type that has a rib around the outside and the center has the chopped strand glass matting on show. I started with a late model version and cut and made the outer ring, laid in some glass mat and voila!! I'm pretty pleased with the result.

So, I fitted the bodywork up to start to look at how it fits after a lot of the repairs, and I was soo excited that it was looking like a bike again I grabbed a few pics, it feels so good to see the bike finally start to come together after literally years collecting/sourcing/making parts, very rewarding. I still have a way to go, but I'm getting closer.

One thing I need is either some N.O.S. fairing stays, or the dimensions to make them and a possible contact who sells the Dzus clips as well. Once I have these I can drill and fit the bodywork up. I thought I saw the drawings for the stays on here, I've searched the forum but I'm buggered if I can find them!! :(

OK, onto some pics.

Attachments:
1981 Ducati TT2 1C.jpg
1981 Ducati TT2 1C.jpg [ 318.23 KiB | Viewed 1161 times ]
1981 Ducati TT2 2C.jpg
1981 Ducati TT2 2C.jpg [ 335.43 KiB | Viewed 1161 times ]
1981 Ducati TT2 3C.jpg
1981 Ducati TT2 3C.jpg [ 334.44 KiB | Viewed 1161 times ]
1981 Ducati TT2 4C.jpg
1981 Ducati TT2 4C.jpg [ 348.35 KiB | Viewed 1161 times ]
1981 Ducati TT2 5C.jpg
1981 Ducati TT2 5C.jpg [ 215.29 KiB | Viewed 1161 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next