DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brembo P432
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:51 pm 

Recently acquired a set of P432 endurance calipers that were sold to me as being rebuilt with new seals, on inspection I suspected this not to be the case as the bolts were rusted and impossible to remove drilling out the bolts was the only solution and as expected seals totally stuffed
I was also supplied with new (very expensive) caliper to bracket quick release ball lock pins which I was led to believe were the same spec as the Brembo originals, not the case! the pins being totally useless as far too long!
So be careful buying anything from a guy called Peter (full name and address on request) from Holland
Now that I've got that off my chest anyone have any info on where I can obtain P432 seal kits and the correct ball lock pins
Any info kindly appreciated

Post subject: Re: Brembo P432
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:08 pm 

This old thread may be helpful for pin information. Do a search, there may be more. I wouldn't get your hopes up, I never found any. It's an odd size. Also all the seal kits and pistons for the MK1 P432A's are gonzo. The kits for the P432D "black" calipers might be useful, but be advised the pistons need to be shortened because the MK1's don't use the outer dirt seal. Also, for what it's worth, you can "rebuild" calipers w/o unbolting the bodies by popping out the pistons from one side only, and then replacing the old piston rings.

http://www.ducatittandf1.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10079&hilit=quick+release+pins

https://www.oppracing.com/product_display/361452-brembo-oe-seals-replacement-kit/