DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: TT1 build
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:57 am 

Hi Cal...
If you want a TT2 in your garage by the weekend, check out the fine examples for sale at AMS Ducati. My choice would be the $80,000 Del Piano.
Regards...
Flattop

Attachments:
Del Piano TT2.jpg
Del Piano TT2.jpg [ 152.1 KiB | Viewed 989 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 am 

Yeah.....I know that's a tough question, I was guessing pretty close to what Lou said, if you took your time to find most parts and did most of the work yourself that you should be able to do a pretty nice replica for less than $20K. Shoot these dayz....when it comes to chasing parts, you probably need a few thousand dollars in the budget just for the shipping cost of the various widgets from around the globe.

So whats the rough value on real ones.....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 am 

Hi Cal...
That Del Piano is a real one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:49 pm 

flattop900 wrote:
Hi Cal...

Thats neat and some Italian history to come along with it.......whew $80k......thats along ways from my play money budget. I guess that isnt that much when you think of what some of the rare bevels are bringing now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:06 am 

Cal wrote:
flattop900 wrote:
Hi Cal...

Thats neat and some Italian history to come along with it.......whew $80k......thats along ways from my play money budget. I guess that isnt that much when you think of what some of the rare bevels are bringing now.

Pretty much what Lou said, mine took a long time to build, we basically tore down my ratty TT2 bike and decided to go case up build, most of the money went into the engine, wheels and suspension. As always there are little parts that need to be machined up. If you are handy and do a lot yourself you can save $1000's but if, like me, you are time poor and have the mechanical aptitude of a potato you will need to bring in a lot of other resources. Parts collection is the hardest and most time consuming element. Luckily this forum helps, wheels, NCR cams and host of other things were sources through here, bought and bartered or leads provided. The blue and white TT1 build is close to $40K AUD. Using a bog stock 600sl and standard Ducati wheels would probably have halved that bill, but my smile would equally be half as wide. The key is, take your time, use this forum, and build it incrementally. Spend the money on the engine from the start, and upgrade the running gear as the budget allows. Good luck and enjoy the journey

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:55 am 

TT2 wrote:
Cal wrote:
flattop900 wrote:
Hi Cal...

Pretty much what Lou said, mine took a long time to build, we basically tore down my ratty TT2 bike and decided to go case up build, most of the money went into the engine, wheels and suspension. As always there are little parts that need to be machined up. If you are handy and do a lot yourself you can save $1000's but if, like me, you are time poor and have the mechanical aptitude of a potato you will need to bring in a lot of other resources. Parts collection is the hardest and most time consuming element. Luckily this forum helps, wheels, NCR cams and host of other things were sources through here, bought and bartered or leads provided. The blue and white TT1 build is close to $40K AUD. Using a bog stock 600sl and standard Ducati wheels would probably have halved that bill, but my smile would equally be half as wide. The key is, take your time, use this forum, and build it incrementally. Spend the money on the engine from the start, and upgrade the running gear as the budget allows. Good luck and enjoy the journey

So, whats the consensus on cheap horsepower for a pantah, what are the 2 or 3 things that are the most bang for the buck?

Clay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:31 pm 

Hi Cal...
The interesting Alazzurra pantah_good posted, would have covered a lot of bases quit nicely even at $4000.
Regards...
Flattop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 pm 

flattop900 wrote:
Hi Cal...
The interesting Alazzurra pantah_good posted, would have covered a lot of bases quit nicely even at $4000.
Regards...
Flattop

I was actually eye balling that bike before it was posted here, and I thought the very same thing. That appeared to be about as good as a starting point you could come up with for that amount of change.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:45 am 

She's a cranky girl https://youtu.be/cdxT3G590ys

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:15 am 

Hey TT2....
The bike sounds as good as it looks.
Nice Job.
Regards...
Flattop

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next