DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: keihin flatslide carbs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:42 am 

Hi there,
Im currently involved in a very slow build on a tt1 with a 900 engine and would like to fit some keihin flatslides if possible.I have noticed that not many people are using them ,is this because of fitment issues(clearance) or for originality purposes.Having fitted 41 mm keihins on a 900ss i own ,i couldnt imagine anything being better .Any thoughts welcomed.cheers Greg

Post subject: Re: keihin flatslide carbs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 am 

crowster69 wrote:
Hi there,
Im currently involved in a very slow build on a tt1 with a 900 engine and would like to fit some keihin flatslides if possible.I have noticed that not many people are using them ,is this because of fitment issues(clearance) or for originality purposes.Having fitted 41 mm keihins on a 900ss i own ,i couldnt imagine anything being better .Any thoughts welcomed.cheers Greg

Hello Greg, the carbs that you've mentioned, are very high performances, for my modest experience, I can tell you that solve many problems of carburetion and precision in the opening of the accelerator.

I believe that the problem is only the cost, and the possible installation, and of course, like in Italy, a matter of aesthetics and originality, since in order to be registered in the street, in Italy, must have commercial registration historic .

I've got a pair of 41 mm, and found them assembled on my original Moretti, these carburetors were installed by putting the carburetor back in the traditional manner, and the carburetor of the horizontal cylinder, turn forward for reasons of space.

If you are unable to install carburetors in the traditional manner, you will have a bike very responsive and free of any carburation.

I hope that the translator has done a great job.

In my humble opinion, Carlo Leoncini.

CIAO!!!!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:28 am 

Pretty sure there is a set for sale in Japan (Yahoo Auctions) 41mm from memory, that is if you are after some...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:01 pm 

Hi carlo,thanks for your response and i think i understood it all.I guess i will just have to install the engine and see.Just looking at the tight squeeze it is with the dellortos and the keihins are bigger theres not much room there maybe need to also change the bottom of the tank to get more room and spin the horizontal one forward as you said carlo.Anyway just hoping to hear from someone who has done it with a tt1 frame.thanks for the heads up with those carbs Dj but ill take the carbs off my 900 ss first and see if i can make it work first before i lash out.cheers Greg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 am 

crowster69 wrote:
Hi carlo,thanks for your response and i think i understood it all.I guess i will just have to install the engine and see.Just looking at the tight squeeze it is with the dellortos and the keihins are bigger theres not much room there maybe need to also change the bottom of the tank to get more room and spin the horizontal one forward as you said carlo.Anyway just hoping to hear from someone who has done it with a tt1 frame.thanks for the heads up with those carbs Dj but ill take the carbs off my 900 ss first and see if i can make it work first before i lash out.cheers Greg

I fully agree with you, surely you will have to adapt the tank, I think it would be useful to modify a resin tank glass, my friend EUROPLASTSUCCI, has some pretty good prices, good luck for your project.

I hope that my translator has done a great job.

Ciao Dall'Italia. Carlo.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:22 pm 

Hi
It's not a TT but I did it with a F1

Carl

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.06 MiB | Viewed 899 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.19 MiB | Viewed 899 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.41 MiB | Viewed 899 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:38 pm 

Hi
It's not a TT but may be it can help you.
I did it on my F1.

Carl

Attachments:
Carb3.JPG
Carb3.JPG [ 661.75 KiB | Viewed 953 times ]
Carb2 (2).JPG
Carb2 (2).JPG [ 799.92 KiB | Viewed 953 times ]
Carb1.JPG
Carb1.JPG [ 723.02 KiB | Viewed 953 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:54 am 

Hi carl thanks for posting up the photos that has given me a good look at them.Looks like you gotta have that horizontal one laying well horizontal to get the clearance.did you make up your own manifolds to get the angle or are they mallossi,s
Also nice alloy bellmouths on the carbs too on a nice clean looking f1.thanks again greg